Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which would ppl here prefer? Similiar performance I assume, do the extra 200cc equal the extra weight the 156 GTA has? Who has driven both and which was better and how?!!

G

·
0 Posts
Not driven either. Have only had the 'luck' to test drive a 147 GTA for ten minutes and I loved it. I would definitely opt for the GTV Cup just for looks alone....used to own a GTV 2.0 litre and was the best car I have owned...can only imagine how cool a Cup would be

·
Registered
38,298 Posts
Very difficult choice.

I think the GTV will hold value better and is a classic shape, but the 156 is slightly more modern.

I would have to drive both before deciding, but I think I would go for the 156.

·
Registered
30,171 Posts
Similiar performance I assume, do the extra 200cc equal the extra weight the 156 GTA has?
Cup weighs 1415kg
156GTA weighs 1410kg

So the GTA has more power and is slightly lighter... :p

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so which would you go for David? I reckon this could get interesting, especially if the question hasnt come up in these forums before..

·
Vendor
46,146 Posts
I'd go for the Cup actually, provided I could have the 330mm GTA brakes on it, tan leather instead of the Cup seats, and of course the necessary quad pipes at the rear :cool:

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
All depends on your requirements.................there is not exactly a lot of space in the GTV but I'd still have one as a 2nd car :cool:

GTA is special but it not quite so classic as the GTV shape which I think still looks great after all these years - actually I dont like the Cup spoilers although I know its more sort after than a standard V6

Will be interesting to hear people's views

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
I'd go for the Cup actually, provided I could have the 330mm GTA brakes on it, tan leather instead of the Cup seats, and of course the necessary quad pipes at the rear :cool:
Yep quad pipes are a must for a GTV 3.0 :D

·
Administrator
46,145 Posts
If you make that GTA a sportwagon, then I'll have it.

Oh wait... I already did.

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
What pud said.... If I had a family though the 156 GTA would be the choice...

To be honest I think i'd be over the moon with either car though :lol:

·
AO Car Of The Year Winner 2015
3,202 Posts
156 GTA for me as GTV is too small. I tried one and I didnt fit in (196cm) :) The facelifted GTV 3,2 should have lower seats and more space.....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts