Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone know if these are still available from anywhere? Are they the same for other 156 SW variants?

I've removed mine to have the car painted and all 4 are corroded badly internally, making them not sit flush and "bubbling".

Or if not available, is there a way to replace the metal bar inside the rubber? Anyone done this?

·
Registered
944 Posts
if you find a set of these please post, as I have been in the market for a set. I have called round various dealers, asked Dan at AL - all to no avail. Rare as Hens Teeth.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
if you find a set of these please post, as I have been in the market for a set. I have called round various dealers, asked Dan at AL - all to no avail. Rare as Hens Teeth.
Mine came off a breaking 156 that was in good condition. Just good fortune that NJS had one hanging around.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmm I've drawn a blank at the moment on finding a decent set. Anyone know if the little white clips which hold the ends into the door skin, can be purchased from anywhere? Mine are all broken. I'm trying to remove the metal bar at the moment, slowly, slowly and see if I can replace it. I'm tempted to put a slit longitudinally to remove the metal bar, as it doesn't want to be pushed/pulled out currently.

Reactions: maxiboy wales

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That would be amazing if you can Dan. Keep us posted. And make sure you get the Sportwagon ones done first! Guaranteed order for a set from me!

·
Registered
944 Posts
Set for me, if you can get them made, please.

Reactions: maxiboy wales

·
Registered
944 Posts
bump! Any progress on the thread. I can source a passenger one (LHS) but, typically, the drivers side is the one most buggered.

The trouble with obtaining a 2nd had set is two fold. First, will it come off cleanly (the metal rubber combo will no doubt distort) and secondly, even the newest 2nd had set will be 13 years old by now. Ultimately, its only really cosmetic at this stage, but eventually will let in water.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nothing from me I'm afraid. I looked at another 2nd hand set in a scrap yard, but they were no good.

Any progress from your end Dan (Pud237) on getting some replacements manufactured?

·
Vendor
46,130 Posts
I've not really had much luck, company I've been talking with can make something similar, but not like the original with the formed ends. I don't think something open ended is going to look any good.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts