Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just bought myself a 2004 156 GTA SW Selespeed for 4 days and on the 3rd day I encountered gear shift problem driving in CITY and MANUAL modes for a little while when engine was relatively cold. No response when shifting from 1st to 2nd and it "jumped" to 3rd then 5th and stayed there and I had to stop the car and shift to N and restart. All resumed normal after the engine had been warmed up. What might be the problem? Thanks for your help!!;)

Besides, should the cam belt be changed at 40,000 miles/60,000 km?

Appreciate any comments and ideas that you might have. Cheers!! Victor

D

·
0 Posts
Have you checked the selespeed fluid level ?
Does the pump run when you open the door ?
If ok then I suggest you get it checked with examiner / alfadiag.
"Could" be lots of things but gearbox calibration and if necessary clutch rod adjustment might be the first steps

David

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks DJ & David....in fact I took my GTA to the Alfa service centre to have things checked out with the alfadiag and did the calibration this morning and was told the pump pressure was a little low (but no really conern).

my GTA has done only 37,000 km but it's coming up to 5 years of age and so the Alfa mechanics suggested that I drive it for a few more months and then bring it in for cam belt change and a full service say in Oct/Nov. btw, the car was last serviced in Dec 08.

Thanks again for all your help!! Apprecaited

Victor

1 - 6 of 6 Posts