Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I asked about this years ago, but didn't see any pictures of it:

Before getting the 166 I also considered the 156, and thought that the "GTA lights" were a big improvement. Basically the back/inside of the lamps are black instead of reflective. Apparently the lights still work OK. So is the reflective part unnecessary and only reflective for cosmetic reasons?

Do you know of anyone who has done this to a pre-facelift 166? And do you have picture?

·
Registered
761 Posts
Considering how woefull 166 lights are as standard, I wouldn't want to be making them worse for the sake of asthetics. I don't know how much difference it would make in the real world making the back of the lamp black, but they don't put refelectors in them for nothing!

·
Registered
10,889 Posts
Considering how woefull 166 lights are as standard, I wouldn't want to be making them worse for the sake of asthetics. I don't know how much difference it would make in the real world making the back of the lamp black, but they don't put refelectors in them for nothing!
You are right Gloopy....I dissected a Fiat Bravo Original headlamp unit after it was malkied to get a few spare bits off and when you see the craftmanship and workmanship that goes in to making a simple headlight no wonder they are expensive,unless on a deal.

Pomeo

And i don't think a 166 is amde to be modded.that's what corsa astra and scooby snacks are made for.:cheese:

But if you wanna knock yourself oot A team fire away..the worlds yer lobster.:cheese:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts