Alfa Romeo Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #22
Ok, cant see the option for any 156, but i will try with the three pin cable, connect and scan as soon as i am home again 馃憤

Registered
On MES, go into engine live data. Select "starting authorisation". If it is yes, that's good. A no means a fault. If it was a wiring fault, that should be picked up as a code, I think. No fault code possibly points to compatibility error between CODE immobiliser and engine ECM/ECU.

Did you change both immobiliser and engine ECM?

Vendor
If i connect to the immobilizer box, would i get a fault code then?
Maybe there is a probably with the virginisation, in which case there could be no fault on the engine ECU but a fault on the immobiliser and it not allowing the car to start.

Vendor
Maybe MES doesn't allow communication with the codebox, I've not tried. But on my Texa diagnostic tool it does give the option.

Registered
Discussion Starter #29
Doesnt work with MES. I checked all fuses, all connectors, all earthing point, made an additional earthing for the selespeed ecu, still the same, no start, no gear change..

Registered
Hang on a minute!

You are trying to start the car, so some questions -
1/ Does the engine turn over?
2/ Is it in Neutral? (Must be in Neutral to start)
3/ With the key turned to MAR (Ignition, not start) and with your foot on the brake can you change through all the different gears with the shift stick?

Registered
Discussion Starter #31
Hi!
1. Engine turns over, but code light is on, wont start.
2. Is in neutral

3. wont change gear at all.. fault message from selespeed ecu is p1760 brake light switch, this is replaced, no change. The other fault message is u1701 can network fault. No errors on the engine ecu. also the abs module has a can line fault

Vendor
I think you really need to test that your ECU, codebox, key is a functional, paired set given that you have replaced the engine ECU. I would normally do this by fitting it all onto another known working model but I appreciate there may not even be another 156 GTA Selespeed in your country.

I know Autolusso in Bedfordshire have a couple of customers with 156 GTA Selespeeds, it may be possible that you can send your ECU, codebox & key to them for testing (by fitting to another car) to rule it out as a possibility. If it isn't working, they might be able to virginise the ECU and then fit it to a car along with your codebox to then pair it, test all is OK and send it back to you. I'd do it for you but I don't have access to a GTA Selespeed, I only have manual gearbox cars.

Registered
Discussion Starter #33
Really appreciate the replies! Sound like a very good idea to actually try it on another car! I think maybe there鈥檚 a wrong software in the ECU, so I made an appointment with a local tuner to check that first. Seems like the software might be for a lancia thesis 3,2. Dont know if it makes a difference, but will check it at least. I am also considering to convert it to manual, selespeed seem to be super unreliable! Had this car for three years, and only managed to do 300km! Rest of the time it has been endless troubles! first with the selespeed, then it was at least starting, and now it wont start nor change gear! Will let u know more as soon as this guy has looked at it.

Vendor
If you do decide to convert it to a manual, I can probably help you with the supply of some of the parts you might need.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts