Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning all. Would 156 Ti seats fit in the front of a 156 GTA?

Seen a set on flea bay which look a lot nicer and more comfy than my GTA buckets. Thing is seller says they have electric adjustment. So are they plug and play with my existing system?

·
Registered
211 Posts
hmm. The gta seats are not the most comfortable, especially on long journeys.

its probably the biggest downside to the car (my wife gets uncomfortable on long journeys)

however, the seats look so good!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Indeed, asked him if he would split the lot as I only want the fronts. He wasn't interested so shan't bother. I couldn't shift 4 door cards and a full rear bench, plus he implied lots of other interest so I shan't get into it.

What's the fitment options between 156, 147 and GT? What fits what?

I've got used to heated seats too which I'd rather keep. The ebay ones aren't! Mine are nice and warming, really nice!

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Indeed, asked him if he would split the lot as I only want the fronts. He wasn't interested so shan't bother. I couldn't shift 4 door cards and a full rear bench, plus he implied lots of other interest so I shan't get into it.

What's the fitment options between 156, 147 and GT? What fits what?

I've got used to heated seats too which I'd rather keep. The ebay ones aren't! Mine are nice and warming, really nice!
147 doesn't fit 156. Not sure on GT but would assume they are 147 like for the lift up mechanism to rear entry plus you shouldn't change them anyway unless you are fitting buckets :p Oh and I believe 166 seats may fit or if you want something newer perhaps some GAC Trumpchi seats from china as it's the same floorpan as the 166:lol:

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It would b criminal to change the Gta seats out of a 156, they are amazing!
Don't get me wrong, the GTA seats look pretty good, but they aren't actually hugely supportive! I wouldn't mind the lack of comfort and the lose of rear seat room, but The seats aren't holdy ony for the looks. The seats in my old GTV were more supportive around corners and marginally mote comfortable on long journeys. I fancied a change to something comfy and supportive and rumour has it the 156 Ti seats are just right!

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
147 /156 / GT seats are interchangeable allthough getting into the back of a 3dr 147 / GT may become troublesome. As the OP has a 156 it's not a problem in this instance.

The seats in question (leather "recaros") whilst fitted to TI's, are not exclusive to them. They were an option on any facelift 156.

@OP, fiiting them to your GTA probably isn't the best choice unless your seats ARE in good condition and are worth mothballing. IMO If they're looking ropey, you're better off spending your money on getting the driver's seat side bolster / base cusion refurbed.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
147 /156 / GT seats are interchangeable.
Ah yes sorry you are correct. I have been doing a lot of seat base rebuilding recently and they are not interchangeable which is where my confusion has begun:nutter:

·
Vendor
45,782 Posts
The seller's advert doesn't read well but the rear brakes are interesting... (Or are they just those cheap, tacky, faux covers?)
I thought that.. I think they are just covers.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts