Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all these failing 3,2 gta ecus, and insane prices for new or secondhand in mind. Would it be possible to use the ecu from a 2,5 or 3,0 v6 with the motronic 3.1? I see that the pinout from connection A and B are the same. These units also have the can line. It shouldnt be top difficult to do a remap to suit the 3,2? Anyone considered this, or tried?

·
Premium Member
1,836 Posts
I'm pretty sure sure you can't use a 2.5 ECU (3.0 v6 is the same ECU as the 3.2? I think :unsure:) but there are other options. A 156 GTA owner on the forum had theirs repaired successfully recently for less than £300 - ECU failure. The other options I'm aware of are Autolusso's Link kit, a second hand genuine one or if you can find one, a NOS ECU someone still has in stock. They are expensive I agree but occasionally one comes up for less than £1000 and there are steps you can take to try and insulate yours from the heat. See thread #130 of GTA Sportwagon: Resurrection Time. I presume you still have the manifold cats in place? (y)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm pretty sure sure you can't use a 2.5 ECU (3.0 v6 is the same ECU as the 3.2? I think :unsure:) but there are other options. A 156 GTA owner on the forum had theirs repaired successfully recently for less than £300 - ECU failure. The other options I'm aware of are Autolusso's Link kit, a second hand genuine one or if you can find one, a NOS ECU someone still has in stock. They are expensive I agree but occasionally one comes up for less than £1000 and there are steps you can take to try and insulate yours from the heat. See thread #130 of GTA Sportwagon: Resurrection Time. I presume you still have the manifold cats in place? (y)
Thanks for your reply, I sent the unit to ecutesting, and they say it is irreparable. Autolusso is charging 2400!! For their solution, and it doesnt support selespeed. I saw the thread concerning insulation, maybe i do that when i get a new unit. I cant see why it shouldnt work with a me 3.1 unit, the pinout is the same, the sensors are the same. . If that is working we would have more to choose from. I have been able to sort a an ecu now, but for the furure and for other gta owners I think it should be investigated more into using the 3.1 ecu. Maybe its impossible, guess someone would have tried if it isnt!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts