156 GTA in "Car"

Tags
156 car gta
1K views 20 replies 3 participants last post by  GTV6 
#1 ·
...and they seem to love it!

Its in the new April issue. Comments include:-

'The engine and handling put up a captivating show together.'

'What seat of the pants feel. What accuracy. What user friendliness in the steering and long travel accelerator. What a hoot.'

'You just tip it into a bend,...de-throttle to tuck the nose in, de-throttle some more for oversteer,balance again by adding power...'

They criticise the brakes for being '..merely adequate.' and the fake brake ducts in the side skirts as being the equivalent of putting a 'cucumber down your trousers'

On the cover they describe it as '...an Impreza with style'

They also like the new 2.0 JTS - '...urgent,smooth and tuneful. A joy to sit behind.'

Can't wait for the 147GTA!!

See less See more
G
#2 ·
Damian,

is Car April out already then? I know it hits the news stands early in London by a day or so, or do you get it early by subscription? I'll stop at the news agents on the way home and check it out if it's there.

g

#4 ·
g,

Sorry, should have mentioned I subscribe so get it abit earlier. Probably due in newsagents towards back end of this week.

You can't miss it though - 156 GTA sitting proudly on front cover!

After reading the article I have to say that despite its dubious body add ons, I want one,badly!

#5 ·
Afraid so Pete! As I said before, only Evo will convince me. In reality, even good reviews are nothing compared to actual ownership so even after its launch, the real test will be how it behaves after say 6m or 1yr (ok, so Im stalling for time!!!
)

#6 ·
Car is now available at your newsagents.Got a copy in WH Smith this morning.Aswell as the very favourable GTA review there is a small article attached listing the 10 coolest Alfas of all time and in the news section lots of exciting stuff about forthcoming Alfas.
They mention a new Giulietta Sprint Coupe based on the 147 with GTA engine and the new GTV which is bigger than the current car and takes cues from the Dardo!
Roll on 2005!

#15 ·
Originally posted by GTV6:[QB]alas, it's a no then. Oh well.

Anyone want a nice, used, but UNCOOL GTV6?

g[/QB]
Actually it lists "1973 Alfetta GT-designed by Giugiaro,the last cool Alfa befoer Fiat bought the company in 1986.Great engine and handling,ridiculous insrtuments and gearbox!"

#16 ·
Just for v6's at the mo g. Not sure what direction to go with it yet. Its almost finished. I has plenty of relevance for 2L owners as the two are very similar but its more concerned with the v6. Buying guide, probs,etc etc. I'll see how it goes and I'll be looking for plenty of feedback. In fact, I will actually be looking for a light-hearted piece from you g. This could be the start of a new career for you!

G
#19 ·
you know, my PC is also strategically placed to avoid prying eyes!!

Pete - ok, so my car can be cool through association with the Alfetta. That's good enough for me. When something's 'cool', it is instantly uncool anyway, if that makes any sense! (which is the excuse I use to explain my clothes, anyway.)

Can't wait to see the site!

g

G
#21 ·
yes. No. yes.

At launch, car was called Alfetta GT. Then, when it got the 2.0 engine, it became the the Alfetta GTV. And that is what it is called. In its log book, my car is an Alfetta GTV6, and that's what the car is, even if the badge on the back says Alfa Romeo GTV6 2.5. Which is what it also is. It's not my fault Pete, I didn't name it, some other joker did!!

g

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.