Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got one!

Managed to buy a gunmetal or metallic black SW. Really excellent condition with some top goodies - all at quite a reasonable price. Would have preferred a saloon - but we all can't be choosers. Picked it up at lunch time and took the scenic route home. The colour is excellent - and am going to drive it for a while and then see ultimately if I can sell it / swap it for a saloon. Oddly people seem to say that the SW is harder to get - I found the opposite to be true. I suppose being the SW it should be easier to get the mountain bike in the boot - although the opening is not really that big. I am not too sure though about putting a bike, covered in winter mud, inside but needs must I suppose. Never have been happy with those external racks.

Gave it a really good clean inside this afternoon. Cleaning has never been such fun!

It was such good fun the first time one really gets to press the loud pedal on that slip road onto the motorway. The sound is fantasic, what a blaaast!!!! Definately one of the all time best and most interesting cars ever driven.

Edward.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Glad you've got one...

It's something everyone should own at least once in their life, other cars just seem to be lacking somehow afterwards...

You can get yourself a liner for the boot which means you can throw all the muddy stuff in - then take the liner out - and empty it to get rid of the mud...

I think dealers sell them - but you'll be able to get them cheaper on the net..

Congratulations

Simes.

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Guys,

Yes I have been looking at the liners - they look pretty good and high on the shopping list. Just gona wait a while until the shock of spending many thousands of pounds has started to wear off. After that I am sure I can buy some additional bits and pieces to keep things nice and tidy. Per - will post some pictures before too long.

Edward.

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Congrats that man!
Good stuff Edward, I'm sure the SW will insinuate itself into your being despite your current yearning for a saloon.

I think the SW looks fantastic too, perhaps even better from the rear than the saloon.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Congrats on the purchase Edward, was it the one on ebay? That one looked very tidy.

I will have too keep my eyes peeled round Bristol now as i work at Aztec West.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Congrats - looks like you were "forced" into getting the more practical bodyshape, some of us prefer it! There should be more saloons for sale since 269 GTA saloons were sold in the UK vs 107 SW's, but as you say there always seem to bea handful of SW's for sale...

I'm not sure if you'll get much benefit from changing it for a saloon.... It's no longer or wider, barely heavier, and is more aerodynamic than the saloon, plus the saloon's seats don't fold so you've no chance of getting a mountain bike in there. I had a saloon before and the only way to carry a bike was in a bike bag on the back seats!

Enjoy the car and let us know what you think...

·
Registered
870 Posts
Congrats on getting yr GTA, I too prefer the S/W to the saloon, much better looking IMO.

Enjoy it.

Mark

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Nice one Edward,:cool: any of you guys taking your bella's to the Bristol Italian Motor Festival on the 28th April, if you don't know about this event it is a lot of fun, take a look at there site.;)

http://www.arocbriswest.co.uk/

Stu:)

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks everyone - it's a great car and am still falling asleap each night thinking about it!!!

Yes it was the one off ebay, which initally made me nervious, but all seems to be fine. Not the one in southwest London - the stolen recovered one. Had a mild panic when I heard about that one!

Barryrs - you must be fairly close to me - as I am near to Bristol Parkway for work - but I go through the Aztec West roundabout on the way in. Changing jobs soon - but I will keep a look out for you.

Will also be at the Bristol car day. Have been a couple of times before and it is a great day. Best to arrive early if you are in an Alfa - or otherwise you have to park up in the streets.

Edward.

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Looks like you get the whole e-bay advert as opposed to just the photo - oh well!

Oddly I was just paying for it after coming to look at the second time - when someone else also went to buy it. Spoke to the guy afterwards - who was a real gentleman. I just happened to get there slightly before him and got it for myself. I hope he goes on to find a good one.

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Looks lovely, has an expensive exhaust on it too, sounds like you got a good one!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts