Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was after some advise on the best and cheapest way to get rid of the rust on both my front wings. My local classic restoration garage has quoted me £2000 to repair the rust and re-spray the front end, what has everyone else paid for their repairs? As this seems alot.

The other options is new wings at £1050 for the pair from local Alfa dealer, is there any where else to get them other than Alfa direct.

Any input or advise would be extremely grateful.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
If the £1050+VAT is for genuine Alfa wings that's a good deal. Mine were a good bit more than that. Better with new wings and do something to the inner lips to prevent abrasion from the liners.

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
The wings are NLA

·
Registered
131 Posts
I went through this recently - had a couple of genuine wings from Autolusso that they had on the shelf, they still needed a fair amount of fettling to fit.

I did discuss repairing my current wings with the bodyshop and they reckoned around £500-£750 to repair.

What did they say the cost would be if you were to get new wings... If you can get them, they could need a similar amount of work to get them to fit nicely, they're going to have been kicking around on a shelf for years.

What are you going to do with the car once it's done - Will it be back to daily driving or stored in a garage for use on nice days - If you're going to be daily driving in all weathers, I'd live with the rust.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts