Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have a late 156 GTA Selespeed that needs a new ECU.
Alfa Romeo want in excess of £1,500 for this part. Can anyone suggest a reliable alternative supplier that might be cheaper?

Many thanks & Merry Christmas
Rosie

L

·
0 Posts
which ecu is required? Engine? Selespeed gear-box? Air bag, ABS? there are MANY different ecu's in one car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Many thanks for your very helpful response. The guy quoted prices for an ECU which was less than a third of Alfa's charge!!
They are worth making contact with because of their extremely low prices!

Thanks again & Happy New Year.
Rosie

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
Many thanks for your very helpful response. The guy quoted prices for an ECU which was less than a third of Alfa's charge!!
They are worth making contact with because of their extremely low prices!

Thanks again & Happy New Year.
Rosie
....and they are reliable !!!!:thumbs:

N

·
0 Posts
Rosie,

I've just come across your post and am interested because I also have a 156 GTA Selespeed - and my ECU also failed recently. Given the rarity of our cars this seems an amzing co-incidence. I'd be interested in knowing more of the circumstances.

Neil.

·
Identity Confirmed, Authorised Trader
7,045 Posts
Hi,
I have a late 156 GTA Selespeed that needs a new ECU.
Alfa Romeo want in excess of £1,500 for this part. Can anyone suggest a reliable alternative supplier that might be cheaper?

Many thanks & Merry Christmas
Rosie
We are repairing the 156 GTA Selespeed that belongs to the guy that posted on the 6th post on this thread, I have to say I am very surprised 2 GTA Selespeeds need ECU's in Bedfordshire

I phoned Alfa Tune and he wanted £700 + VAT for an ECU, please can you tell me what you paid for yours. This sounds a lot to me as list from Alfa on a recon one is £813.03 + VAT

Ned

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
We are repairing the 156 GTA Selespeed that belongs to the guy that posted on the 6th post on this thread, I have to say I am very surprised 2 GTA Selespeeds need ECU's in Bedfordshire

I phoned Alfa Tune and he wanted £700 + VAT for an ECU, please can you tell me what you paid for yours. This sounds a lot to me as list from Alfa on a recon one is £813.03 + VAT

Ned
Ours are NEW Ned ,NOT recon and the list price from Alfa for a new one is £1299+
which makes ours 46% cheaper than list:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts