Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone got one that they are not using and would like to part with? Please PM me.

Going to take the car off the road for the winter and I would like to tuck it in!

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
didn't know you could even get them.

M

·
0 Posts
Joss you used to be able to get them from alfa dealers but believe me they cost a fortune. There are two types, the indoor breathable dust protection one and the breathable outdoor all weather one. They are funky as the indoor one comes in alfa red with a huge alfa logo, the outdoor one is alittle less fancy as I suppose it would be highly desirable and easy for someone to half inch. I enquired about one some years back now for my 156 2.5v6 but wasn't willing to pay £80 back then. Not sure you can get them now as the 156 isn't produced anymore, obviously.

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
a lot of money for a bit or material. Getting towards second hand carcoon prices for that money.

G

·
0 Posts
Heehee..... I have one, but I'm keeping it. A proper Alfa 156 cover with Alfa logos all over it. I was cleaning the car one day and my neighbour wandered over with an Alfa holdall and said "my dad used to work for an Alfa dealer, would you like this?". Lo and behold, it's the car cover. Cost nothing (of course gave my neighbour a nice bottle of wine to say thanks!).

Good luck in finding one!

Cheers,

Nigel

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
They don't list the Sportwagon, however considerably cheaper than Alfa's offering. Whilst the Alfa Logo is nice it adds nothing to the protection..I have an genuine Alfa indoor cover for my 916 Spider which I have had for 10 years, still in excellent condition and looks good on the car. I have just covered my sportwagon with my Alfasud sprint cover for now (does not look good but stops the birds from crapping on the paintwork) but would love a genuine Alfa original cover. I bet there is a dealer somewhere with one gathering dust in a storeroom.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts