Brand: Bosch
Battery Type: 096
Voltage: 12V
Capacity (Ah): 70
Capacity (Ah): No
CCA / EN: 640
CCA / SAE: 700
Terminal Type: Standard Round (Type 1)
Terminal Layout: Positive on Right (Layout 0)
Height (mm): 175
Width (mm): 175
Length (mm): 278
Weight (kg): 17.0000
Construction: Lead Acid
Maintenance Free: Yes
Warranty (Years): 4

Copied from the linked web page...
might be worth a call to a-l-p-h-a batteries to check the dimensions....? 01706 356 356

·
Registered
30,222 Posts
Product Specification
Brand: Bosch
Battery Type: 096
Height (mm): 175
Width (mm): 175
Length (mm): 278

Copied from the linked web page...
might be worth a call to a-l-p-h-a batteries to check the dimensions....? 01706 356 356
A Type "096" is 190 high, 175 wide, 278 long.
A Type "100" is 175 high, 175 wide, 278 long.

Reactions: maxiboy wales

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Yes i have one fitted to mine. Reason being i found that the original induction elbow was wearing itself away on battery. Then i fitted silicone elbow and still touching. So i went for Bosch Silver Top battery with shorter height. Can check part number tonight as can't remember at mo.

Reactions: Cuore Sportivo

·
Registered
30,222 Posts
so i went for bosch silver top battery with shorter height. Can check part number tonight as can't remember at mo.
Bosch "S5 007"

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Bosch "S5 007"
Your good, i found the thread i posted at the time and yes S5007. Had it fitted since 2012, wow how time flies. I swear it was only last year! haha
Anyway it fits well and i have no issues with intake rubbing like it did previously

·
Registered
728 Posts
Yes i have one fitted to mine. Reason being i found that the original induction elbow was wearing itself away on battery. Then i fitted silicone elbow and still touching. So i went for Bosch Silver Top battery with shorter height. Can check part number tonight as can't remember at mo.
This is the reason why I was wanting a shorter/smaller battery....I've also thought about relocating in the boot as a few others have done...

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
relocation doesn't work for me as it a pain in the ass with wiring and also i have a family so need th eboot space. If it was track car then yes i would relocate no bother, but most likely behind passenger front seat

·
Vendor
46,348 Posts
relocation doesn't work for me as it a pain in the ass with wiring and also i have a family so need th eboot space. If it was track car then yes i would relocate no bother, but most likely behind passenger front seat
Thats where mine is on the track slag. On the 2.4 JTD I have fabricated a sunken battery box next to the spare wheel well. But this does mean I now have no room for a backbox, so need to straight pipe it.

Reactions: will01

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
http://www.*****-batteries.co.uk/096-bosch-car-battery/

this is 175mm high rather than 190mm...any good?
I just bought this from a l p h a batteries. It is 175mm high...type 100, 067 and 096 are all interchangeable, but slightly different sizes.

I left mine connected and standing for over three months, now the battery is totally discharged. Need to find an old fashioned charger and try to revive it as a spare.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
charge it as slow as possible, a fast cahrge will most likely destroy it if fully discharged. but my feeling is once they have been left flat for anything longer than a week or so, the battery is permanently affected :(

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
My battery looks to have given up the ghost. It's always left on a trickle charger and starts first time. Took the car out on Friday and all was good, put it back in the garage on Friday night but didn't bother reconnecting the charger as I was planning to give it a wash over the weekend. Went out to it today and flat as a pancake!
Don't think anything was left on I've put it back on the charger but I fear it's had its chips.

When changing the battery is it simply remove old one and attach new one or is there anything I need to do or be aware of like is it ok to leave it without the battery for a few hours while I take the old one with me to make sure the new one is the same/correct type etc? Does anything reset or need to be reset?

Cheers

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yeah fine to leave it without for as long as you want.. I think things reset after a few hours but wont effect anything long term.. I guess you know its better to disconnect earth first and reconnect it last..

And worth checking the earth cables for corrosion once the battery's removed and its easier to see.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
yeah fine to leave it without for as long as you want.. I think things reset after a few hours but wont effect anything long term.. I guess you know its better to disconnect earth first and reconnect it last..

And worth checking the earth cables for corrosion once the battery's removed and its easier to see.
Yeah disconnect negative first and re-attach last:thumbu p:

I'll clean the cables etc if necessary but to be honest they look fine. Never know it might be fine tomorrow but I doubt it!

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
So I fitted a new battery to the Gta today and as usual I always encounter something!
When I removed the positive terminal which has the 'fuse box' thing attached to it to make it easier I loosened two of the cables which go into the top of it just to make it easier to get the battery out. When I re-attached one of them (the thinner one which comes off the battery and towards the wing) I over tightened it that 1mm too much and heard a crack from under the little yellow plastic cover and when I restarted the car I got a 'No Connection' message and the ABS light stayed on. When I inspected under the little yellow cover I've snapped what I assume is a type of fuse for the ABS?
When I turn the nut back slightly and effectively touch it back together all seems well and no errors appear.
Is this a normal type of fuse I can get from a motor factors or is it a dealer part?

Cheers guys

·
Registered
30,222 Posts
It is a std MTA MidiVal fuse and the sticker on the cover should say it is for the ABS.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts