Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just wondering if anyone knows when this is or was?

I.e the official launch date(s) by country or when they went on sale / first production model manufactured.

It would be good to chase FCA Heritage and see if they are doing anything for the halo model of the 3rd best selling Alfa of all time.

Not much in the way of heritage parts, other than for the 147 GTA, but I keep pestering them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
I think the 156 GTA press cars were all registered in March and April 2002 (mine being one these but in April) so those are presumably the first ones registered.

Glad I’m not the only one asking the heritage dept to start making some parts for us! The more of us that do so the better luck we’ll have 👍.At least they’ve made a start on the 147.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Have we got contact details for FCA Heritage? We can all pile in asking for 156 wings, etc...
Wings might be out. If what I was told is correct,
and not fobbed off, the mould was scrapped. If true the buffoon who made the decision should be made to realise the error. Body parts for other cars are still available such as the Delta Integrale.

That said I pointed out to FCA Heritage at least 2 companies can make fibreglass versions of wings, and with their input the products- could be perfected to avoid the need for final fettling; and their buying power means that Mopar can hold some stock.

You can contact FCA Heritage through the form at the bottom of this page:

Alternatively I had an acknowledgment from here:

[email protected]

and through a former Abarth marketing manager connection on Linked In found out about this guy responsible for Product Planning and Marketing at FCA Heritage, so I name checked him in my email and got a response directly:

[email protected]

I’d recommended using both emails as people do move on.

There are loads of simple and not so simple parts like:

*Front window scrapers.
*Supplying fibreglass wings that are a direct fit.
*Sorting out unavailable engine mounts, and pointing out quality issues where production has moved.
*Wheel arch liners.
*Crank pully (all 3.2’s)
*Zender (Germany) jacking point covers/ bodykit/ bumpers. Assuming the ability to make more - as items were produced for the 147 GTA
*etc etc probably missed some items.

They did say publicly on Facebook they were planning something for 156 GTA parts back in April / May but haven’t heard anything yet.

There are a lot of owners not on this forum e.g Facebook groups such as 156 GTA Owners Only / Alfa Romeo GTA etc. If someone can signpost them here and do what Muskie suggests the more the merrier.

·
Registered
7 Posts
and not fobbed off, the mould was scrapped. If true the buffoon who made the decision should be made to realise the error. Body parts for other cars are still available such as the Delta Integrale.

That said I pointed out to FCA Heritage at least 2 companies can make fibreglass versions of wings, and with their input the products- could be perfected to avoid the need for final fettling; and their buying power means that Mopar can hold some stock.

[email protected]

and through a former Abarth marketing manager connection on Linked In found out about this guy responsible for Product Planning and Marketing at FCA Heritage, so I name checked him in my email and got a response directly:

[email protected]

*Front window scrapers.
*Sorting out unavailable engine mounts, and pointing out quality issues where production has moved.
*Wheel arch liners.
*Crank pully (all 3.2’s)
*Zender (Germany) jacking point covers/ bodykit/ bumpers. Assuming the ability to make more - as items were produced for the 147 GTA

They did say publicly on Facebook they were planning something for 156 GTA parts back in April / May but haven’t heard anything yet.

There are a lot of owners not on this forum e.g Facebook groups such as 156 GTA Owners Only / Alfa Romeo GTA etc. If someone can signpost them here and do what Muskie suggests the more the merrier.

Giovanni is very helpful, I’ve emailed him a few times. He seems to be doing all that he can but I think it’s going to take some time to get sign off on whatever parts they plan to make. He’s in charge of the development of spare parts for old cars. If we all show our interest by emailing him with details of the parts we most want then it should help him to present a business case. I had the same answer as above for front wings so no luck there but you’d think it can’t be too hard to make a new mould?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think the 156 GTA press cars were all registered in March and April 2002 (mine being one these but in April) so those are presumably the first ones registered.

Glad I’m not the only one asking the heritage dept to start making some parts for us! The more of us that do so the better luck we’ll have .At least they’ve made a start on the 147.
I think you and 156GTASW are right.

If ‘How Many Left’ is accurate for manuals (I assume both saloon and sportwagon as only Selespeed is listed separately) then I think you are correct.

This chart shows 138 registrations in 2002:

This one seems to show the earliest year of manufacture was 2002, unless any earlier UK cars have been scrapped, but it’s unlikely as it appeared at the Frankfurt Motorshow in September 2001.

There could be some 2001 cars in Italy? In which case the best opportunity to mark the 20th Anniversary may have been missed.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Or do you celebrate the 21st GTA anniversary
I think you and 156GTASW are right.

If ‘How Many Left’ is accurate for manuals (I assume both saloon and sportwagon as only Selespeed is listed separately) then I think you are correct.

This chart shows 138 registrations in 2002:

This one seems to show the earliest year of manufacture was 2002, unless any earlier UK cars have been scrapped, but it’s unlikely as it appeared at the Frankfurt Motorshow in September 2001.

There could be some 2001 cars in Italy? In which case the best opportunity to mark the 20th Anniversary may have been missed.

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
I doubt the moulds were scrapped as i,m sure alfa still produce batches on wings when they get enough orders. last batch was produced around 4 years ago iirc might still be available from alfa if enough orders placed. Pud might know better how the alfa system works

·
Registered
789 Posts

[email protected]

[email protected]

*Front window scrapers.
*Wheel arch liners.
*Crank pully (all 3.2’s)

Thanks Deemy, that’s really helpful. I’ll send some emails and let’s hope they start to see some value in it if a few more of us do likewise👍
Edited - double post!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Or do you celebrate the 21st GTA anniversary
I think other FCA Heritage posts have celebrated the first proper full ‘production’ model (after the preview cars made for car shows) on Facebook, or when they went on sale.

I did ask on the ‘156 GTA owners only’ Facebook group for people from various counties to contact FCA Heritage about parts and celebrating the milestone, but no one has confirmed if any were available in Italy during 2001.

Ned at Autolusso replied to say they are planning something, but not sure when. He has the first UK press car and that was registered in March 2002.

I found the UK press release online and it mentions that they went on sale on 2 May 2002. 2 May 2022 is a public holiday here in the UK so ideal but not sure if it’s an appropriate date.

I also got a polite, if disappointing response from FCA Heritage telling me to contact Centro Documentazione at Museo Alfa Romeo. They do quote stats in their online tribute posts, so they could have asked the question and replied (shown some interest?)

I will send an email and see what they say.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts