1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
R

·
0 Posts
They don't look much like the facelift though do they. Not bad though, if thats what you want.

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
There was a fella in AutoItalia a year or so back but he had to change the wings, bonnet, bumper & front panel. IMO they look better, but at what cost :confused:

·
Registered
396 Posts
Easy to fit, 5 nuts hold the grill on, 1 nut and bolt from the badge, the chrome clips of from the black plastic, stick chrome strips over black plastic, refit chrome surround and bolt from grill badge, refit grill to bonnet.

30 mins start to finish.

R

·
0 Posts
Squadrone Rosso said:
There was a fella in AutoItalia a year or so back but he had to change the wings, bonnet, bumper & front panel. IMO they look better, but at what cost :confused:

I still don't think the facelift looks better than the original. The original does it for me, but each to their own ;)

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
robf781 said:
I still don't think the facelift looks better than the original. The original does it for me, but each to their own ;)
They've got a facelift JTS Spider at JCS Kegworth and it looks lush:inlove: :cool: £14.5k. Go on, you know you want to:D ;)

R

·
0 Posts
Squadrone Rosso said:
They've got a facelift JTS Spider at JCS Kegworth and it looks lush:inlove: :cool: £14.5k. Go on, you know you want to:D ;)
Not so keen on the facelift spider either. I'll be sticking with mine thanks :) Facelift GTV looks quite nice though (I know that sounds like a contradiction)

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
robf781 said:
Not so keen on the facelift spider either. I'll be sticking with mine thanks :) Facelift GTV looks quite nice though (I know that sounds like a contradiction)
They're beautiful regardless of old / new style grille:cool:

·
Registered
559 Posts
Easy alteration to non-face lift 156 front grille, buy self adhesive chrome trim 35mm wide, cut out vertical plastic pieces from existing front grille, cut grille profile onto chrome trim to fit tightly either side of original grille, stick chrome strips over existing horizontal black plastic to give support,
will give a ville de este look, althought i prefer the non face lifted 156, much meaner and more purposeful looking.
£30 for 2mtrs of chrome trim. The chrome strip needs to overhang the horizontal black plastic attached to grille to hide it (or trim it back 5mm)..
I have seen this done on alfa156 forum a few years ago and looked very good..see it at (alfa romeo forum, different front grille)
Looks better than facelifted grille.

Edit; sorry didn't realise how old this thread was...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts