Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I wonder if anyone can help. I'm currently in the process of replacing the the front exhaust downpipes on my CF3 2002 156. This was due to the flexi leaking and being able to find a good condition replacement for cheap.

With regard the gaskets I will need to replace, I was planning to replace the flange gasket to the centre CAT and the gasket to the manifold. However I have now noticed on the alfa workshop website that there further two gaskets (ring shaped) to connect the downpipes and pre-cats to the manifold. These seem rather expensive do I have to replace these as well?

Does anyone have any experience of doing this, I'm worried about using any instant gasket or sealer due to the presence of the Cats post this seal.

Thanks in advance

Andy

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Got all the bolts off the front pipes apart from the bolts that hold the centre cat to the front pipe. They are so rusted that there is no chance of being able to undo them with a spanner or socket.

I've searched the forum but can't find an answer to this either, if I cut the nut off the bolt, will the bolt push out, i.e. is it a stud welded to the cat or a bolt?

If it's a stud I don't fancy trying to drill this out, so will probably have to find a cheap 2nd hand cat as well.
any help would be great and much appreciated.

cheers

1 - 2 of 2 Posts