Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone stripped these down into component pieces for cleaning and how/where do you get the items need for coding the door locks to the keys

any help appreciated

I have removed the door locks. removed the three small screws but cant figure how to dismantle the rear piece of the door lock

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Are you talking about the lock barrel in the door? Or the locking block? (3 screws in the side of the door)
The locking block is held in by the locking rods from the lock to the handle outside and the handle on the inside and from the central locking solenoid with another lock rod . they are all on those flick and turn plastic clips.
The lock barrel has a metal U clip that you need to pull off it will be very stiff. It slides between the door and the barrel.
Is that any help or have I misunderstood the problem??

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
The doorlock is not coded the car is. If you have the canbus on the later face lift you will possibly need to do a proxy alignment if you change them.
The only coded bit is the key. This is coded to the car.

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are you talking about the lock barrel in the door? Or the locking block? (3 screws in the side of the door)
The locking block is held in by the locking rods from the lock to the handle outside and the handle on the inside and from the central locking solenoid with another lock rod . they are all on those flick and turn plastic clips.
The lock barrel has a metal U clip that you need to pull off it will be very stiff. It slides between the door and the barrel.
Is that any help or have I misunderstood the problem??
yeah the lock barrel in the door. ive had removed it from the car.. want to strip and code the barrel to the key pattern but having trouble stripping it after removing it from the car and removing the lock from the handle itself

·
Registered
842 Posts
The doorlock is not coded the car is. If you have the canbus on the later face lift you will possibly need to do a proxy alignment if you change them.
The only coded bit is the key. This is coded to the car.
No 156s have CANBUS, only 147/GT.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Has it not got a small circlip at the back end? I cant remember TBH.
I know its more money but is it not better to replace all the barrels with a lock set then change the internals of the key ??

Reactions: maxiboy wales

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
No 156s have CANBUS, only 147/GT.
There you go maxiboy its even more straight forward :thumbup:
Thanks Davffc, I didn't think they did but was not sure about the facelift models . Cheers :thumbs:

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
reason for stripping was to clean and make up a spare set ready for fitting as the others are still fitted and i don't want the car off the road so was making a spare set for a quick turn around

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Are you talking about the key or the barrel.
If you have the key and need a barrel, you should be able to order one ,or possibly get a local locksmith to make one.
Same would apply to the key.
Do you have the early red key or the later flat blade pop out key?

Reactions: maxiboy wales

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If you have the key and need a barrel, you should be able to order one ,or possibly get a local locksmith to make one.
later pop out keys. will give the local alfa place a call and see what they can offer

·
Registered
9,303 Posts
later pop out keys. will give the local alfa place a call and see what they can offer
Offer to relieve you of lots of cash probably ...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts