Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I was doing some work on my 156 with the front wheel off today and I stupidly managed to snap the pin off that holds the front disc in place. It is the part labelled 1a in the pic. It was a bit of a challenge getting the holes lined up together on the wheel, disc and hub but I managed to get the wheel back on and everything seems secure enough.

My question is how ok is it to drive like this? I can probably use a screw extractor tool to remove the broken part and replace it with a new one, should I remove the disc to do this?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Andrew

Attachments

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Yea it's safe to drive.

That pin is just there to help locate the disc when fitting, it's the wheel bolts that provide the clamping force to hold the discs in place.

I'd leave it as it is until the new time you need to change discs, then maybe have a go at getting the broken bit out.

·
Read Only
4,556 Posts
Absolutely safe to drive, but changing a wheel in the dark while trying to line up the brake disk and the hub holes is close to impossible - best get it fixed sooner rather than later!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome, thanks for the replies everyone. Wish I had known about that tool this afternoon, Davffc!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts