Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1999 156 Selespeed went in for for its annual compulsory check, and it was found to have fog lights out of alignment.

I took the car to one garage, where they lifted the car and removed the undertray (? I guess that's what it was they removed), and proceeded to muck around for a very long time. Eventually they told me they adjusted the right light but are unable to access the one on the left. No charge.

Although they said they aligned the right light, I'm guessing that their failure on the left is simply a matter of lacking familiarity with this particular car, so I thought to investigate myself. I see some relevant comments here http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa...912-156-front-fog-light-bulb-replacement.html but I'm still unclear.

"Aiming them is done merely by turning the screw thread under the unit once you mount them back in place". I don't see any screw, but I probably don't know where I should be looking.

A following comment says "Not that difficult to do it from behind, under the bumper, i.e. without removing the entire lamp assembly", though I'm not sure if this refers to aligning the lights or accessing them for replacement.

Can someone provide more specific info on how to align the fog lights, please?

Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
JTD 8v stage1+
435 Posts
Hello,

it's easy, you need to look for screw under foglight and turn it.

Correct aligment example.

·
Registered
9,338 Posts
Hello, it's easy, you need to look for screw under foglight and turn it.
Assuming the screw is still there ... wonders if it was when it went to garage ... and now isn't ... :depressed:

·
Registered
30,221 Posts
Could be worth popping the little front grill out (couple of screws) and removing the fog-light unit and seeing if the screw is missing, or possibly upside down!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Hello,

it's easy, you need to look for screw under foglight and turn it.

Correct aligment example.

The image in your link clearly shows a screw, but it is, of course, not visible "from the outside". I must assume that the mechanics (using the term loosely) found the screw for the right side, but, as they said, were unable to access the one on the left.

Is there something that would be block the left one?, OR... see next post...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Could be worth popping the little front grill out (couple of screws) and removing the fog-light unit and seeing if the screw is missing, or possibly upside down!
Is this the "normal" way to access the screw i.e. via the front grill? The guys went under the car after raising it.

·
Registered
30,221 Posts
Is this the "normal" way to access the screw i.e. via the front grill? The guys went under the car after raising it.
The adjuster screw is accessed under the car with the undertray off.
To remove the light unit, you go in from the front (you may need access from under as well to disconnect it, depends on cable stretch).

·
Registered
JTD 8v stage1+
435 Posts
The image in your link clearly shows a screw, but it is, of course, not visible "from the outside". I must assume that the mechanics (using the term loosely) found the screw for the right side, but, as they said, were unable to access the one on the left.

Is there something that would be block the left one?, OR... see next post...
As said here go under the car, undertray off and then you should see both foglight like this...

http://i67.tinypic.com/16t1ro.jpg

If your left fog screw is missing, you'll need to do any invent :biglaugh:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts