Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mines a 2001 with the old style front end, im wondering, having looked at things closely, is it just a simple (or not so simple as it may be!) case of replacing the front bumper, grille section, bonnet and front wings?

I love the features of the facelift's flush front end, but im considering incorporating that into a Cadamuro bodykit, and getting a new bonnet and front wings along with the facelift Cadamuro stuff to facelift it...

Is it really as simple as changing those parts to bring the front end up to specification?

·
Registered
376 Posts
Why would you want to?
The pre face lift is a classic design. Its not the corporate front end that all of the alfas have now. Be proud of the 156 front end. The new one is nice, but its not as classic as the old one.
I love my 156 the way it is. Its a 2003 so it has all the features of the current one just with the old face.

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-147-156-and-159/67041-kutters-156-pics.html

·
Registered
42 Posts
I to have to agree with veryone. At first I liked the face lifted 156. But in time I came to realise the original is the classic that people will remember and prefer.

Crusty

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
I was the reverse, when mine was on order they said do you want to wait another few months and get the facelift?

I was going to - and then I seen the pictures!!!

Ugh!

I never regretted getting the 'old' shape, but thankfully the facelift wasnt as bad as the early pictures made it look.

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
I prefer the Ville d'Este front end but don't dislike the original.

It can be done (autoitalia did an article on it) but it;s very pricey. Better off chopping your dated model ;) in for a newer one IMHO if you're that way inclined :D

·
Registered
32,440 Posts
Mine is a preface lift red 156 and IMHO it is better looking than the facelift. I like the facelift but just prefer my original. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts