Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Firstly thanks for the warm welcome I received on the 'introduce yourself' forum.

As I mentioned over on there I've decided to replace the petrol engine in my X plated 156 Sportwagon 2.0. The one in there at the moment failed a compression test after running dry of oil. Just topped it up then a day later half a flash of the oil warning light accompanied by a god awful din from the engine compartment.

That was nearly two years ago and now I've finally got round to looking for a new engine.

I'm planning on sourcing one from a breakers and fitting it myself.

So now the first couple of many questions to come:

1) Am I right in thinking there are two 2.0 Petrol variants depending on your chassis number ?

2) There's some light front end crash damage. Should this be repaired before the new engine is fitted ?

Thanks,

Chris.

·
Registered
275 Posts
On an X yours is almost certainly going to be the 2.0 TS CF2, however even if it is a CF3 so long as you re-use all the original ancilleries you'll be fine.

Where abouts are you based? I have a 2.0 CF2 available.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Phear,

I'm in the North East. I do travel around the country with work a fair bit though. Feel free to PM me with a price for your CF2. Are all recent Alfa lumps twin spark and does this simply denote two sets of spark plugs ?

Thanks muchly,

Chrisser.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I believe the later 2.0 JTS only has one. All UK bound 4 pot Alfa engines (flat four and 155 Q4 excepted) from 1988 I think, had 2 sets of plugs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts