Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just noticed that the engine management warning light (amber light that looks like an engine block) is lit. There appears to be no noticeable lost of performance and fluid levels are normal. I'm really after some advice as to how critical this is likely to be; should my next stop be the dealer?:confused:

·
Registered
349 Posts
Most likely a faulty lambda sensor if everything seems fine.

Not tricky or expensive to fix, and not the end of the world. Had mine done a little while back because the light was on when I got the car, it's now come back on again and has been for 300 or so miles? If all the fluids are fine, there's no leaks and she drives as per normal I'd bet that's what it is. You might get slightly worse mpg, but that's about it.

To be safe though, I'd get it checked out. As I said, more than likely your looking at a small bill and under and hours labour.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, will get it into the dealer this week and keep my fingers crossed it is the lambda sensor.

·
Registered
30,167 Posts
Which engine is it?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Weird Cures department!

I had the same thing which started yesterday. Took it through a car wash today and the light has been off ever since! Maybe the Lambda sensor detected that it needed a wash!!:lol:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Engine warning light nightmare

Hi.
My warning light comes on and off as it pleases, but my 156 1.8ts has just started running with a fast idle of mostly 1500 but sometimes moreand sometimes less, it also holds the revs. If i stamp on the accelerator the revs rise to 5000and will stay there long enough to run around the car get back in and the revs still be 5000.
Can anyone please help. I have tried to clean the throttle butterfly but with no success.
thanks

·
Registered
9,912 Posts
Hi.
My warning light comes on and off as it pleases, but my 156 1.8ts has just started running with a fast idle of mostly 1500 but sometimes moreand sometimes less, it also holds the revs. If i stamp on the accelerator the revs rise to 5000and will stay there long enough to run around the car get back in and the revs still be 5000.
Can anyone please help. I have tried to clean the throttle butterfly but with no success.
thanks
get your codes read :thumbs:

·
Registered
5 Posts
i have a similar problem, mine is a 1.8 ts and it judders when u start and sounds v noisy, also it has lost power. The injector warning light is on constantly. Any ideas??

1 - 20 of 23 Posts