Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

I wonder if anyone can help with this issue.... I was driving between York and Leeds, when I slowed down for a roundabout when the engine management light came on and killed all the power. I managed to get it going by leaving the engine switched off for around five minutes then it would work again. Apparently the engine management might have gone into 'limp mode'. It did this around 4-6 times so any advise is gratefully received.

Thanks.

Chris.

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
take it cut out when warm and would only restart after it had cooled down a bit?

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
crank sensor maybe ,be nice to see what engine is in it though:tut:
i was waiting for more details but probably.

engine type would be usefull:lol:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Everyone,

Sorry the engine is 2.4 JTD.

It seems to only do it when under heavier breaking. I would also say the engine temperature is in the normal range but it will work fine once the engine has cooled down. On saying that I had ran it for about 50 miles before the problem started.

Any advise gratefully received.

Thanks.

Chris.

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
sounds like the crank sensor is dieing to me:( not expensive:thumbs:

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
step 1: get the error codes read ...

·
Registered
6,811 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just to give you all update. I am looking at sending it to the guys at JJB Motors. Got a few niggly little faults which need ironing out. Oh and just to add a little more grief the battery has just gone flat! Not sure why as it ran well this morning with no issues. I have started a new thread with current issues which can be found here.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts