Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have a 1999 156 1.8ts which has decided to keep all of its internal illuminations to itself which I could live with, however, there is no fuel gauge which could prove interesting! :rolleyes:

Returning home last night I have since discovered that I also have no back lights, although the brake lights work and switching to side lights has no affect on illumination either as they don't light up either :confused:

So... no fuel gauge, no rev counter, no illumination and no side lights!

Which fuse should i be looking for????? :rant:

Has anyone else encountered such a problem?

HELP!

·
Registered
368 Posts
I had an electrical problem where I had no speedo in my 156.2.0 TS. It took me months to find out where the problem lay, but I got good advise from this forum.

I was advised to check the positive and earth leads from the battery and the earth lead from the engine, other people had similar problems and found the fault here.

I found my problem by opening the black box on top of the battery and cleaning all the connections in there.. plus the battery connections...... once I did this my speedo came back on and has been working ever since.

Hope this helps!

·
Vendor
46,131 Posts
I don't think it is a fuse you need to replace, I think you need to replace your rev counter. Inside the rev counter is the body computer that controls your car's lighting circuits. This computer has failed so you have dodgy lights. Replacing the rev counter should solve your problem, I'd suggest scrap yards and eBay.

EDIT: But I'd try what the guy before me suggested first ;)

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
yep, check the simple things first, clean connectors and check fuses as it costs nothing to check these, if that turns up a blank as pud says, rev counter is the next thing on the list :thumbs:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts