Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
for starters make sure the 2 clips on the bottom of the cover are still attached.

or if u have a friend with one u can play swap..
thats what i done.. my cover have been on for 3 years now with no issues.

the 3rd way is to drill a hole through the cover and run a self tapper.
the hole should follow through next to the eobd socket.

if u are not sure visit your alfa mechanic. they probalby done heaps.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Hey.

Yep had several Alfa's that have come in with that problem...self tapper (as said by others) is always a good way to solve the problem.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Hi Zoso,

Well It depends on which plastic clips have broken I guess! I had one customer who put 4 tappers in (one in each corner) just to make sure it didnt drop by his feet while driving.... but I have had others that tried to use adhesive velcro but there is no real edge to stick it to, so it's not really a very good solution.
Cheers

·
Vendor
46,146 Posts
Mine was superglued on, but it had to come off for the remap and I haven't been bothered to do it yet. Superglued held it on no problems, but it didn't take much force to pull it off when needed. And I've lost both the bottom clips too.

R

·
0 Posts
I was thinking of Araldite.......
Mine was doing this before and I had the clips, they just kept coming loose from their mountings. I used Araldite to glue the clips back in a touch higher than before (meaning I put a piece of plastic beneath the clip to raise it) this has cured it permanently with the added bonus that it comes off quite easily but doesn't fall off.

·
Premium Member
1,991 Posts
See that knob thing in Pasko thread, thats what your missing, I have one of them securing my cover, maybe its an import thing?

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Self adhesive velcro is the way I did mine.

Very secure and more importantly, you don't need a tool to remove it when tou need to change/inspect the fuses.

M

·
0 Posts
Was just about to ask this question myself.... self adhesive velco it is! 99p delivered on Ebay just purchased.... result! :)

G

·
0 Posts
The clips are identical to the clips that hold the long plastic vent strip for the front windscreen, take a couple off and swap them to the fuse box cover, then get some sticky pads and use them to keep the vent in position, not that it needs it:rolleyes:...
What will need to be opened/ removed more The windscreen vent or the fuse box cover?:thumbs:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts