Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

My car wont open at all, I've tried using both keys but there is no response. The last time the car was opened I put the key and the car wouldn't start, I think this may be a battery issue but how would I get into the car in the first place without having to break a window or a lock? :xmas:

I don't think this is a lock issue as the key doesn't work in both locks

Thanks in advance for any help!

Cheers

Matt

·
Registered
4,126 Posts
So you can't even open the door by putting the key in the lock and turning it??

Seems odd.

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
As far as I can remember, the doors do manually lock and unlock even if the battery is disconnected.

This may seem like a stupid suggestion, but are you sure you are turning the key to the correct side to unlock the doors?

·
Registered
9,565 Posts
If your keys won't manually unlock the doors, I can only assume that someone has changed the ignition barrel and key at some point, but not the door locks. Does the key open the boot?

If you are a member of AA/RAC I'd call them out, they'll be skilled at getting in without a key. Essentially you need to gently flex the top of the door frame to allow a suitable stiff wire to be inserted to operate the interior handle.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
The blade should work regardless of the battery in the car or key. Rgwm's theory seems the most plausible explanation. Have you ever tried the blade in the doors prior to this event?
If this is the case don't panic, an auto lock smith will be inside your car with no damage in seconds if you don't have the correct key. Pop the bonnet and charge the battery and all should be good. Untill next time anyway.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts