Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed when i bought my 156 that the door card had a habit of sticking slightly, wasn't a problem at first, but then it got worse, to the point where today i've had to take the door card itself off as i was in danger of splitting it if i continued to open the door as the door card seemed to drop ever more. So i noticed some of plastic screw thingys that hold the door card in place where bent/broken or missing.

Went to a local auto parts store & whilst they stored a lot of various types they weren't the ones i needed, then tried Halfords - no joy there either!

Does anyone know where i can get the screws, will it have to be an Alfa dealer??

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its funny you should say that, i'm also looking for a wiper motor, & have tried some breakers who advertise they have 156 for breaking long before the Xmas break - & do you think anyone has gotten back to me!?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hi toby, I have 3 of those plastic screw thingys for the door card (ie short white screws with a kind of double flat head). If interested just PM me your address and I'll pop them in the post to you.

K

·
0 Posts
PM RGWM on here. Since Alfa's range was reduced to 2 models, he's probably got more Alfas than they have.

·
Registered
6,693 Posts
its funny you should say that, i'm also looking for a wiper motor, & have tried some breakers who advertise they have 156 for breaking long before the Xmas break - & do you think anyone has gotten back to me!?
If the wiper motor is the same as the one from a 166, then there's one here. Your welcome to it..:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cheers pendragonfalls, does anyone know if they're the same unit ( i assume to keep costs down the should be?)

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks Joey, just sent you a PM.

·
Registered
6,693 Posts
cheers pendragonfalls, does anyone know if they're the same unit ( i assume to keep costs down the should be?)
Apparently they're not. I have that on good authority..:)

Re: The door clips. A good friend of mine has some. He'll post you a few, free of charge.
PM me your address if you want them.. :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cheers again, might have to get back onto the breakers about the wiper motor. I have to say i'm amazed not one of the breakers i got onto before has come back to me, its such easy money - just remove the item & sell!!!

By the way guys thanks for all your help, i've said it before & i'll say it again, being part of this forum is worth its weight in gold, it makes owning an Alfa even more enjoyable!

·
Administrator
87,325 Posts
By the way guys thanks for all your help, i've said it before & i'll say it again, being part of this forum is worth its weight in gold, it makes owning an Alfa even more enjoyable!

Don't forget affordable ;) :thumbs:

·
Administrator
87,325 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts