Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after searching this site i decided to change rpm sensor on my new 156 ts 20ltr , removed air intake and throttle body, managed to get my hand down to the sensor but cant find the bloody nut to get it out !! tried to remove the starter motor but could not get the bolts undon, lol well i am a plumber !! some people say this is easy others say different, how much would an alfa dealer charge to change it thanks mark

·
Registered
30,167 Posts
There is just one Allen screw, with I think a 5mm head.

No idea how much a dealer would charge, I did mine outside my house.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok gents will try from underneath as i am running out of tcp and plasters for my arms ... the joys of being an alfa owner then !! :lol:

·
Registered
610 Posts
*L*.. if only i'd seen that pic a week ago. I can confirm 3/4 hour labor to fit.. of which i imagine 15mins was pulling codes to confirm diagnosis, 15mins to fit and15mins to wash and detail my car.

...eh, i still would've paid somebody.. very lazy at the moment.

part number for my 03JTD 8V is E46806128 ₤24.19each.

·
Registered
30,167 Posts
I'd still do it from above if I had to do it again.
Providing I hadn't put on any more weight since the last time.

It did feal like I was going to get stuck at one point...! :lol:

·
Registered
8 Posts
crankshaft sensor replacement

Hi

Any tips, pointers, advice as to how best to do this from above? Sounds like from below you have to remove the exhaust (don't fancy that), but suspect I need to remove the throttle body??.

Cheers

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
Yeah, remove the inlet pipework and throttle body (maybe the battery as well) to give yourself a bit more room. Then it's just a case of contortion and doing it by feel!

Make sure the old O-ring comes out before fitting the new one ;)

·
Registered
9,496 Posts
I've done it without removing the throttle body - I was in a hurry 'cos It was at the side of the road and looked like it was going to start raining:lol: - but I did get a few scratches and scrapes. I'll let you know later in the week as I'm picking up a 156 with suspected sensor failure tomorrow.....

Once you've done one its a lot easier 'cos you know what/where you are feeling for......:lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts