Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

Acquired a 156 1.8 TS Tourismo a couple of weeks back and it has suddenly started to have a very lumpy idle. It occasionally disappears but then the next time I start the engine it is there again.

Could it be oil starvation or an issue with the variator.

Help.......please.

Alex

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
could just need some fuel line cleaner in it? Use some non-supermarket fuel and try a bottle of some sort of redex-esque stuff and see how you find it.

I find my diesel chugs when cold if i constantly use supermarket fuel. It goes nearly as soon as i change back to esso.

[email protected]

·
Registered
9,912 Posts
Hi guys

Acquired a 156 1.8 TS Tourismo a couple of weeks back and it has suddenly started to have a very lumpy idle. It occasionally disappears but then the next time I start the engine it is there again.

Could it be oil starvation or an issue with the variator.

Help.......please.

Alex
no check the spark plugs area ,pop caps off and check connections are clean dry tight ,then take inlet hose off and check for any splits in tube properly ,then using carb cleaner clean throttle valve ,if yours has a throttle cable just open and clean it ,also idle control valve I same area ,if its fly by wire throttle just spray don't move flap or you will have more problems than ya started with

1 - 3 of 3 Posts