Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all

Seen a silver 2.5v6, 156 for sale on pistonheads, and the guy lists a pair of "Momo" chrome wing mirror covers on the car, and looking at his pics, they look well nice.:cool:
Dropped him an e-mail asking him where he got them, had a look on MOMO website and cant find them, so "Googled" them, and still cant find `em.:confused:
Has anyone ever come across them before??

Thanks in advance for the help:D
Link Below, have a look

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/134707.htm

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I had them on my 156:)

I really liked them but do think they are an aquired taste. They are also not that great quality and quite a bad fit...plus they have to be screwed into the mirror and then a blanking plate with the Momo logo covers the screw head.

I had three sets of those blanking plates as every one went 'funny' and the layers started to come apart:(

They are available as a special order item from Halfords and I think they were about £50.

Have a look at this thread http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/just-images-members-only/66607-sometimes-i-miss-my-156-a.html
For pics of mine.

·
Registered
15,637 Posts
I think they look awful, it is the sort of thing you would find on a nova,saxo,clio or corsa...:eek:

You could paint your wing mirrors the same colour as your car which looks lots better :D

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I think they look awful, it is the sort of thing you would find on a nova,saxo,clio or corsa...:eek:

You could paint your wing mirrors the same colour as your car which looks lots better :D
It's not something I have ever seen on Saxo's or Corsa's to be honest. In fact I was the only person to ever order a set from my local Halfords ( at a discount as my Wife is the manager there:D ) and if any place is going to get Saxo and Corsa owners buying stuff it is Halfords!

They are more like the mirrors on sports model Audi's, Seat's and of course dont forget that they are also very similar to what Alfa themselves now fit on the MY2007 GT!

As I said, they are an aquired taste though. I still like them but not the quality so will be buying a set of the official Alfa ones for the GT very shortly:D

·
Registered
15,637 Posts
It's not something I have ever seen on Saxo's or Corsa's to be honest. In fact I was the only person to ever order a set from my local Halfords ( at a discount as my Wife is the manager there:D ) and if any place is going to get Saxo and Corsa owners buying stuff it is Halfords!
True :)

As I said, they are an aquired taste though. I still like them but not the quality so will be buying a set of the official Alfa ones for the GT very shortly:D
:)

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info guys, found them on the net, but a bit expensive, and cant make my mind up.

BTW Jason 156, your old 156 looks feckin` awsome!!!
well nice rims, what were they?

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Thanks for the info guys, found them on the net, but a bit expensive, and cant make my mind up.

BTW Jason 156, your old 156 looks feckin` awsome!!!
well nice rims, what were they?
Thanks. The wheels were Momo items and they were as crap quality as the mirror covers! I ended up having to replace them all as two warped over the space of about six months so much that a tyre actually came off one of them:eek:

Replaced them with O.Z's

1 - 10 of 10 Posts