Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 156 rhd import on a 51 plate with central locking problems. The central locking by the key fob decided to stop working, the boot button still operates ok but the doors dont! If I open the drivers door with the key it ulocks and then quickly locks again, so I need to be very quick and open straight away but this just makes the button pop up and down for a few seconds longer. The passenger door is the same on unlocking but doesnt keep going up and down once opened. To lock the car you have to press all the buttons down in the car and use the key on the drivers door. The key fob lights up but there is no light showing on the dash and also I noticed prior to the problem water coming in through the drivers door leaving a pool in the footwell. Help please :confused:

·
Registered
50 Posts
I had central locking problems with my 147. Disconnecting the battery for 5 minutes fixed it! you might want to give it a go. Good luck

·
Registered
30,162 Posts
The water coming through the door will probably be due to a gap in the plastic sheet inside the door behind the interior door trim panel.
Remove the trim panel and seal any gaps in the plastic sheet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts