Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was scrap yard shopping today when I noticed a 2.4 jtd and 2.0 ts156 with this back box with an oval shape stainless tip.
The chap told me I could have it cheap. It seemed very solid so I might get it because it looks better than the one on my car (1.6 ts)
Mine also has a stainless tip but its round and small.
Would the jtd back box make any difference to the sound or is the tip the only difference between the 2
Thanks for any help

Attachments

·
Registered
30,167 Posts
The 2.0 box will fit.

The Diesel box has a bigger bore, so won't fit without an adapter.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I see.
The only problem is the 2.0 one is on the ground with another car on top. The jtd is very accesable though. My mate is a metal fabricator so he could make a reducer for me.
Any ideas on sound difference if any?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think ill get it.
Id be happier if it didnt do much to the sound. I dont like deep droning noises like some 17year old with a universal back box on a civic.
Plus it looks a lot better imo.
Might get a better flowing middle box made up, might make it sound sharper

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
You wouldn't get a drone from a slightly bigger exhaust tip only.
A droning sound is actually more likely to happen with a deleted or free-flowing middle box.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got the box yesterday. 20 euro couldnt go wrong :)
My mate made me up a slieve so it would fit properly. I gave the steel part a quick wire brushing and a coat of silver hammerite i had just to freshen it up and gave the end and tip a going over with some metal polish. Only problem is it doesnt sit center in the groove in the bumper. Gonna have to extend the hanger on the right side of the box about an inch.
It makes the most marginal increase in sound, hardly noticable tbh, but i dont want a load of noise so im happy.
Looks far better than the original.
20 euro well spent imo :)

Attachments

·
Registered
30,167 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It wasnt center before it was bolted up.
It wasnt even center on the car it came off.
Maybe one of the hangers on the box is bent ill have to have a better look after work.
It was late last night when it went on so I hadnt the interest to have a good look.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
While talking about exhausts i have this system its a full stainless steel exhaust with no middle box. the rear box is 102mm , i cant find a system with a 102mm sized rear box pipe.

Anyone know what the make could be ?

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts