Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The standard radio in my soon arriving 156 is not working. I want the new one to match the dial illumination. The car has the white dials , but what colour are the numbers,needles etc when the lights are on?

Amber , Red, Green etc.

At the moment I looking at something from the alpine range (subject to lighting colour), any other recomendations appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
338 Posts
the standard dials light up red.

if you gonna splash out on an alpine why not try a blaupunkt bremen mp74 instead. Adjustable colours (that match alfa perfectly) and seperate eq's for all inputs (i.e CDC, CD and Tuner). plus it sounds fantastic. sounds even better if you connect it to a comp and fine tune the eq's thatw ay, or even let it do it's own eq settings with the optional mic fitted :)

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
my old 156 2.0L had green-on-white dials rather than red. the dashtrim was the faux-wood finish. other models with silver trim or faux carbon had different lighting (red).

The car has the white dials , but what colour are the numbers,needles etc when the lights are on?
??? how do you not know this? do you own the car? have you looked? :confused:

depending upon your budget, several alpine headunits have adjustable button colours, including some with 256 colour selections! most alpine models have at least dual illumination, with a choice between either green/amber or blue/green.

if you tell us the colour of your dash trim and the lighting colour, we can probably provide specific model headunits to check out.

:)

·
Registered
352 Posts
there is a JVC unit (that i have) that has adj colours. £130. Also ipod compatible with a decent interface.

pleased with mine.

·
Registered
689 Posts
I fitted a JVC AVX11 last week as I wanted something a bit flash to go with the wooden dash - top class HU but the ipod controls leave something to be desired.

Finding that room behind the HU is very tight aswell, I'm gonna have to take the centre console apart to fit the ipod adaptor and run a cable to the handbrake so I can watch DVD's :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts