Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi can anyone help with this?

I have 16", 15 spoke, 5 stud, alloys which need to be changed due to damage, they are the original ones that came with my car. They have the following code on the rear. 60686520 / 6.5JX16H2-41.5

The new ones that I have found are from a 147 GT and are 16", 15 spoke, 5 stud with the following codes. 60688032 / 7.0JX16H2-35.

The codes don't mean anything to me, does anyone understand them and know if they will fit for sure?

Thanks

·
Registered
30,243 Posts
They will fit.

·
Registered
30,243 Posts
They are a GT wheel, not a 147.
So they are the correct 5x98mm PCD
They will sit 6.5mm further out than your current wheels (the difference between the 41.5mm and 35mm offsets).
They are a wider wheel than your current set (7" instead of 6.5")

But the main point is: they will fit.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice one thanks ! As you may have guessed they may as well have been written in chinese for me. I knew those codes must have meant somthing.

·
Registered
294 Posts
They are a GT wheel, not a 147.
So they are the correct 5x98mm PCD
They will sit 6.5mm further out than your current wheels (the difference between the 41.5mm and 35mm offsets).
They are a wider wheel than your current set (7" instead of 6.5")

But the main point is: they will fit.
They will fit but you are wrong with the 6.5mm. This would be correct if they were the same width but they are not.

·
Registered
9 Posts
yes - outer rim wil be in the same position. 7"-6.5" = 1/2" - c.13mm but offset = +6.5 dif brings 'em back into same place.

clearance inside is reduced. susp / brakes / hosees????

7" rims are at the upper end for 205 / 16 tyres - what does a GT run?

·
Registered
294 Posts
yes - outer rim wil be in the same position. 7"-6.5" = 1/2" - c.13mm but offset = +6.5 dif brings 'em back into same place.

clearance inside is reduced. susp / brakes / hosees????

7" rims are at the upper end for 205 / 16 tyres - what does a GT run?
This is wrong.

Imagine the 6.5x16 et45 with 6.5mm spacer in place between hub and wheel. This takes it to et35

Both the front face and back face of the wheel have moved out over on the car by 6.5mm

Now imagine also the wheel is 13mm (1/2) wider

So add 6.5mm on the front face and 6.5mm on the back face

The back space is now the same as original position

The front face has moved out 13mm in total

So you won't have any problem inboard but check the outer lip.

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
David is correct in what he has said - the tyre will sit 6.5mm further out and in the majority of situations this is all that really matters as far as fitment because its the tyre which will catch something before the wheel rim.

Of course if you change the width of the wheel by 1/2" along with the change in offset then the outer rim of the wheel will be 13mm further out and the inside rim will be in the same position as original but the tyre will still be 6.5mm further out.

·
Registered
294 Posts
David is correct in what he has said - the tyre will sit 6.5mm further out and in the majority of situations this is all that really matters as far as fitment because its the tyre which will catch something before the wheel rim.

Of course if you change the width of the wheel by 1/2" along with the change in offset then the outer rim of the wheel will be 13mm further out and the inside rim will be in the same position as original but the tyre will still be 6.5mm further out.
Sorry you are wrong.:confused: The tyre will be mounted to the rim! and will move out when the offset is changed and it the wheel width is changed, how much extra the tyre will protrude is more down to the tyre brand as the various manufacturers build the side wall in different ways.

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
With the small difference in rim width, 6.5 to 7", you wont see any difference in the tread width. If you fitted extremely wide rims then you might see some slight difference but the tread width doesnt really change even if the tyre stretches to fit the rim

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks everyone for you comments, but now I am confused. Will they go on or not. Should I try to find the exact match or will they go on and nobody would know thay sent the right wheels.

Thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
This is wrong.

Imagine the 6.5x16 et45 with 6.5mm spacer in place between hub and wheel. This takes it to et35

Both the front face and back face of the wheel have moved out over on the car by 6.5mm

Now imagine also the wheel is 13mm (1/2) wider

So add 6.5mm on the front face and 6.5mm on the back face

The back space is now the same as original position

The front face has moved out 13mm in total

So you won't have any problem inboard but check the outer lip.
D'oh - oops sorry

Might have helped if i'd not swapped the offsets!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Outer face of 6.5" wheel = 40mm from face of HUB (162.5/2-41.5)

Outer face of 7" wheel -= 52.5mm from face of HUB (175/2-35)

Inner face is near as identical.

So my answers were completely right just i had the wheel on backwards.:lol::lol:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So what does this all mean, will the alloys go on my 156, i.e will the 5 studs line up.

And if so will the rim of the alloy and tyre just stick out of the wheel arch by 1/2 inch.

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
Thanks everyone for you comments, but now I am confused. Will they go on or not. Should I try to find the exact match or will they go on and nobody would know thay sent the right wheels.

Thanks!
They will fit without problems :D

So what does this all mean, will the alloys go on my 156, i.e will the 5 studs line up.

And if so will the rim of the alloy and tyre just stick out of the wheel arch by 1/2 inch.
Everything will line up, the only difference is that the wheel and tyre will be slightly further out - they wont stick out past the wheel arch or be even close. I've run much wider wheels and tyres without problem

1 - 17 of 17 Posts