Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I have an old 156 twinspark 1.8 sportswagon and am having real trouble with it since the weather turned. It started 2 weeks ago with randomly cutting the engine if anything electric was switched on and also cuts out if i try reverse, I've since noticed that all the rear lights are stuck on including reverse lights and indicators???? has anyone come across this problem before? I'm 8 months pregnant and this is our only car so I'm really worried soon nothing will work at all! :cry: Could it be the lights relay? or possibly the light cluster?? the left indicators work but the right make that having a fit fast ticking noise before it cuts the engine out regardless of being stationary or driving. i'm so lost with what to do about all this but cant afford an expensive re-wire job so hoping its something simple that we can fix ourselves.
Any help/advise gladly received :confused:

·
Registered
30,074 Posts
Could be as simple as a loose earth point.
I had similar (but without the engine cut) due to a loose earth connection below the left rear light unit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, I've been reading through some of the other posts on here and will have a look at that tomorrow as well as trying to find the switch on the front of the gear box..... at this point i realise i have no idea what I'm getting myself into or even exactly where that is LOL but hopefully its something simple! Putting the rear heater on inside the car cuts the engine out too so I'm hoping the problem is somewhere around the rear light unit. Wish me luck as I think i'm probably going to need it!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts