Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

So my Airbag sensor died, probably due to a dying battery on startup. Lots of weird clicking noises and the light never went out after changing the battery. cant connect to it via diag software. Been trying the local scrapyards, but all the older 156s have long since been turned into metal confetti. Managed to pull one from a 2001 156, but the parts numbers don't match. :(

Tried Autolusso and some other obscure parts stores but they did not have the part i need. The stealer could get one new but at the cost of 2 "new" 156. :curse:

So i thought i would try this forum: Does anybody here have a spare Airbag sensor with part nr *60663943* ? attaching an image.

I don't really need the sensor as i have no plan to crash this beauty anytime soon, but the government does not approve of red lights on the instrument panel so it cant pass the required inspections. (Yet people are allowed to drive classics that don't even have seatbelts :wobble: )

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<- This guy right here

Thanks!

Crap, cannot believe i forgot Ebay even existed :p

I could not purchase the one you linked, but there was another one in the related section that i was able to get the order through.

Now i just hope the part works and that the G sensor isnt triggered by the delicate handling postal services usually give packages :biglaugh:

·
Registered
305 Posts
1999= no G sensor so that's one less thing to worry about!
Only cars with VDC have that.
Funny how it still has an arrow showing how it should be mounted, if there's no G-sensor.. I'd think that would be the only reason to add that arrow, and to have a specific orientation on the box?

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Ah yes. G sensors can multi task. Early ones were purely crash sensors. Later ones also do stability control which I'm sure is the case on the 156. It will definitely be the case on CanBus cars, I'm sure (unless anyone knows exceptions).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts