Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have read more threads on here about the stupid airbag light than I can count but I just have a quick question, I disconnected the speedo cluster to ease changing the dash lights and since then the airbag lights have been on, does taking out the speedo cluster cause a voltage drop which is seen by the airbag ecu as a fault? when the airbag warning light is on does this de-activate the airbags until the codes are reset? Also off topic but I had my ac re-gased by quick fit and they said that for some reason they could only get 75% of the coolant in after a complete removal? they said the machine didnt indicate any drop in pressure so no leaks but the ac only stayed cold for a couple of hours just wondering as i dont exactly need it in the UK this summer. Thanks guys in advance as there seems to be so much more expertise on here than at my local alfa dealer. :thumbs:

·
Registered
119 Posts
I had same thing with air bag light on after i shorted the cigar lighter.I know for a fact the air bag system is disconneted and needs a dealer to reset the light.That is the only way.The a/c I had mine filled with gas but would not cool.Took it back and he removed a tiny amount of freon .He said the system is highly sensitive and may have a shut off if too low or too full.

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
airback warning light on ! NO AIRBAGS operational....
reset with examiner or alfadiag, but the crash sensor is very receptible for voltage drops and/or peaks and in most cases damaged beyond repair ! an new crash sensor costs around 200 euro.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts