Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Anyone have a problem with this in their 156? The air con wheel/dial on the drivers side does not react at all when turned. It was dodgy for a good while but would eventually react once i was driving for a few minutes but now it doesn't at all. So it is stuck on high and the only way to get it down is to turn the passenger side dial down to low which will bring the drivers side down to low as well! So i can be frozen or roasting but not anything in between :)

I was quoted roughly €400 to have the panel replaced (not including labour). Is there a way for a laymen like myself to remove the dial and give it a clean maybe or would it definitely need replacing? Thanks

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Easy to swap over yourself, I am sure a member here will have one for sale, if not a few on ebay. Or try Autolusso

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Easy to swap over yourself, I am sure a member here will have one for sale, if not a few on ebay. Or try Autolusso
Thanks, I had tried Autolusso alright but nothing there. Is the unit easy to remove-do you need any special tools to take it out?

Edit-just found it in the used parts section on Autolusso :) £30

L

·
0 Posts
you could try stripping the module & cleaning up the 'eyes' that are used to make adjustments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you could try stripping the module & cleaning up the 'eyes' that are used to make adjustments
Yep thats what i plan on doing first but I'm afraid of breaking something if i attempt to take it off so was wondering how easy or not it is to remove

C

·
0 Posts
It's caused by a dry solder joint on the sensor that sees the wheel rotate - very easy fix, just re-solder it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts