Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I have a problem with air condition in my 156, redesign, with dual zone clima.
When I turn it to LO or Hi it works fine, but in the middle,lets say 16.5°first it starts to blow cold and then become hotter until it blows the same like on HI.
Then I have to move the control up to HI and set it back to lower temp. so it starts blowing cold again.
It is the usual problem with right side happends on the left side too.
I tried everything:
- Changed clima control unit with inside temp. sensor.
- Checked the servos that control the temp. ( seems like they are doing fine, bit when I set the temp. they start to move all by them selves. It happends after few minutes.
- Tried to reset clima control as it was suggested.

Some new ideas?

Please help if you can!

All the best from Sarajevo, this forum is fantastic!

·
Registered
726 Posts
There is a break between the engine temp sensor to the climate control panel, and hence why you either hot air or ice cold when set to low.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have the same issue with the dual climate in my 156 facelift and have tried the same list of known tricks without any luck. Nikolai did you find a solution? The engine temp sensor sounds like an interesting and plausible idea. Dhillon have you found it in the past and if so where was the brake and how did you find it? Interestingly the white multi plug that goes into the back of the climate panel has one wire cut off (the black and purple one), is this normal and if not any ideas of what it does?

Any help gratefully received, this air con problem is not much of an issue in the summer as you can run it on low, but is surprisingly annoying in the winter where you have to choose between searing heat and freezing cold.

Many thanks,
Colin

·
Registered
726 Posts
Hi, I think that black and purple wire may be the cause of your problems. Mine is the Mjet 16valve diesel, the climate control's temp sensor is on one of water pipes at the back end of the engine near to the bulkhead, the wiring was broke, and I fixed it and everything has been fab! I would check the wiring and then disconnect the car battery for around 5 mins and reconnect and not start the car for around 3 minutes for the climate control to re-calibrate itself, and then start her up and hopefully your climate control should be working!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Guys sorry for late response... I did found a solution, had a problem with sensor that control temperature of the air that blow into a cabin. It is located near fuel filter, under the windsheld. I believe it is yellow (can not check 'couse I am on the trip and my car is not with me).
All I actually did was to plug off that sensor and now everything works good it only shows a few degrees lower temp. then it actually is inside.
If anyone has a problem locating this sensor please write and I will put pictures and correct location.

Cheers!

BTW I am going for 159 , 2.4 mjet Q4 in a few days!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts