Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My AC stopped getting cold, so in an attempt to fix it myself I checked the fuses. Started with the standard fuses under the dash. I noticed that the cigarette lighter fuse was faulty, so I replaced it and now the AC works 100s again... :confused:

is this normal

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
My AC stopped getting cold, so in an attempt to fix it myself I checked the fuses. Started with the standard fuses under the dash. I noticed that the cigarette lighter fuse was faulty, so I replaced it and now the AC works 100s again... :confused:

is this normal
I had it similar.

I also had the AC stopped cooling, I went to AC place and the guy said the motor does not kick in - he said he checked fuses - but allas seemingly had no clue - and wanted to rewire. Had the fuses fixed - voila AC motor kicks in, but still no cooling, so I went for a re-gas and this guy quoted me a new condenser and fixing a piece of pipe. Had the pipe fixed only and happy days - saved R2000.

·
Registered
10,929 Posts
My 156's A/C ran off the engine for some reason, it had an electromagnetic clutch that had to kick in. Apparently the following failure is also quite common: The A/C doesn't kick in but the light illuminates. All pressures are checked and they are right. If it doesn't turn out to be a fuse, check by supplying the green wire on top of the A/C with +'ve power. If it clicks, then you have a short on the wire from the relay at the battery, to the a/c compressor. I had the wire repaired and the a/c worked again at 100% efficiency :thumbs:

Normally if you have a gas leak the pressure regulator will cut the compressor out so always first check gas pressure.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No all saw good just that fuse, that should in my world have nothing to do with the AC... another problem I had was when I took my window switches out to re-con them the boot wouldn't lock???

I'd love to meet the lil Italian dude that wired up my Alfa, he must have a good scents of humour

1 - 6 of 6 Posts