Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just been to look at one, the garage gave me the old, boot lids been open and we havent started it for a couple of weeks, so its flat. The ABS light didnt seem to go off when it was running, but the bloke reckoned it had a new battery recently. Does anyone have experience of this? I've had a couple of car's with ABS lights on due to alternator failure and low batterys and don't really want the expense of an alt just after buying the car.

·
Registered
30,162 Posts
147/GT are known for getting weird warning lights when the battery voltage is low.
156 not so much.
Having the ABS light on is not good and I think it would fail its MOT for that.
If they fix it, make sure they don't just take the bulb out...!

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Any doubt, I'd walk away. I ran my battery down the other day and haven't had any lights come on. There are loads of 156's around so it shouldn't take you long to find another one. Good hunting.

Todd.

·
Registered
30,162 Posts
Just read your first post again when he said leaving the boot lid open flattened the battery.
That doesn't happen because the boot light turns off after a short time.

·
Banned
9,721 Posts
Just read your first post again when he said leaving the boot lid open flattened the battery.
That doesn't happen because the boot light turns off after a short time.
Exactly, this guy is trying to shift a dog and you've done a good thing walking away imo.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I thought it might, looks like i might have to spend a little more getting a mechanically/electrically sound one. It did come with 3months warrenty but i doubt thats worth any more than the paper is on.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, i rang up another car (so i thought) and it turned out to be this one again. Spoke to the bloke, and he's going to MOT it now, so the light will fail it, if its still on after he's charged the battery. I'm going to wait for his call and if it sounds good get him to drop the price a treat.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts