Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First post here (will do a newbie one as well) Hiya

I've been toying with the idea of a 156 as a track car/'ring rocket. I helped build the stripped out turquoise 156 V6 that's been doing allot of trackdays at oulton park over the past couple of years, whilst at my old job so i wondering if the 1.8 and 2.0 engines in fairly stand guise are good for trackday use.

The car doesnt need to be a daily of any sort i have a MK2 Golf for that and i now walk to work, so the alfa will be fully stripped to grp N spec, seats, harness and a cage

The reason i'm looking at the 1.8 or 2.0, had a old MK2 Golf 16v which suited me to the ground on trackdays and ring trips, plus if i need more power in years to come, i'm sure there a old 2.5 lump kicking around ;)

thanks in advance for the help

·
Registered
190 Posts
Hi I race a 156 and they do handle brilliantly when set up. Mine has done the 24hr race at the ring and the team have run 3 other 156 s there. I have a spare 156 with a blown motor going cheap if interested. Mike

·
Registered
9,587 Posts
I've also been thinking about a 156 for track / race use - jokingly I even said I might build a Sportwagon (as per the Volvo estate of years ago)....I've got a few 156s and a Sportwagon that could be candidates:lol:

It is said that the 4-pot engines are lighter so the cars handle better - on the other hand the V6s are a lot torquier and more powerful, so you takes your pick, I guess!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts