Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am replacing spark plugs on my child 2litre JTS have done them on TS before without too much pain anybody here have any tips etc so as my knuckles will be intact:D

·
Registered
39,289 Posts
I would guess it will be pretty similar to the TS, except that there are only 4 large plugs instead of 4 big ones and 4 small ones. :rolleyes:

I certainly don't think there is anything too difficult about it. :)

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
I've changed them on mine, no hassle once you have the right sized spark socket. I have one if you need to borrow it. Easy out though, take off cover, take out each ignition coil with allen key, wipe any excess oil off, generally only by coils one and two. unscrew spark plug, replace... and reattach ingition coil. Very simple. 15 min job.

·
Registered
13,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for replies:)

Yup 15 mins is right but My Jts has 10 mil bolts instead of allen keys..

Alfa always improving :cheese:

Thanks Irish_156 for offer of socket but had bought socket plus fifteen extension bars to get into TS engine already:cheese:

·
Registered
13,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wheels Look :cool:

Much better than Techie:cheese:

G

·
Got it all done and dusted longest bit was the ******* of a underside cover. And the oil filter is tiny. Only problem was finding out we need to get some piping from the BMC to the MAf as the rest of the piping is fine.

·
Registered
13,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
13,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Cheers, well happy with the alloys alright, cheers techie!.

Have ye put a BMC CDA into the JTS? I just put in the BMC sports filter into mine. Any change in noise?

·
Registered
13,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
:cry:

Nope Bella 1 is still out of action . The kit is universal and requires a small piece of hosing for the MAF in our engine!.

So have changed the sparks,oil and filter and wanted the BMC in so to take a small SLOW spin in the car...:cry:

have to drive a mini one to work and thats the worst part of it...

Girley cars hate them:rolleyes:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts