Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have aquired some mobil 1 new life 0/40.I have always used 5/40 fully syn in my 20v
Any opinions on mobil 1 0/40

·
Registered
401 Posts
Hello 156surfwagon,

I've been using Mobil 1 fully syn turbo diesel for ( think that's 0W-40) for ooh, longer than I care to remember! Been used, er enthusiastically, but regularly changed and flushed 3/4 times a year on both 10 valve wagons. Never used a drop on either Alfa, and recently had tappets shimmed on one; mechanic said lack of wear was impressive for mileage ( nearly 150,000)and actually called me to ask wether I really wanted it done! I guess that speaks for itself. Is new life a rebranding thing?not come across that label before, but I expect any fully synthetic would give similar results. I'm sure you'll be ok with it.

Hope that helps
Cheerio
The Captain:thumbs:

·
Registered
401 Posts
Hello 156surfwagon,

Further to my previous post, have a look at oilmans' post entitled important oil questions answered ( sorry, still haven't worked out how to do links! ); that should reassure you ( it is beyond comprehensive; we are so lucky to have guys like this on the forum!), it is on the next page of posts at the moment. That will DEFINITELY help you!

Cheerio
The Captain:thumbs:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts