Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

wondering if this has happened to anyone on here?

i've been told i need a hole new unit. Is this the case?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
at work at the moment so will send pics tonight, it is for the drivers side. Cheers man.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
i have exactly the same problem. i have tried to remove the switch from a couple of scrap cars and i just cant get the little buggers out without breaking the little nipples on the side.
and even if i did manage to i dont know how i would get it to clip back in.
Im in a worse situation than you as mine is the red illumination facelift interiour.
Far harder to get than the green of pre facelift.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I did the same thing. I managed to take the switch apart, found the bits that broken off. I then super glued them back on and reassembled the switch, this was last summer and it is still working

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did the same thing. I managed to take the switch apart, found the bits that broken off. I then super glued them back on and reassembled the switch, this was last summer and it is still working
Think i'll try this, is it easy to take the switch panel off, it is not obvious how I would do this…could you point me in the right direction?

Many thanks

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
it is doable, but you need steady fingers and good tools...
its easier to have one of my collection :lol:

·
Registered
650 Posts
it is not to hard to remove switches sounds daft but i use a dart and they have all come out fine you will need to gentle lever each side apart or again i have several should you need them but have a go at removing if you have a bad switch as apart from the 166 drivers they interchange from all the 156 posiitions ie you could put the back one to your front one as a temp measure

·
Registered
624 Posts
E - Bay is the place to get your switches i have replaced them all on my wifes 156 on an 02 plate

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi rarebear,
I have a question. I noticed that you have these buttons spare. I need 2 pcs for alfa 166 and lthey looks the same as on 156. Do you have some of them left? Or do you know where to buy them? Please help. Thank you

1 - 18 of 18 Posts