Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right guys, advice needed!
I currently have a red 146 ti on 93k miles,6 months mot, 6 months tax, full service history, cambelt, variator, etc etc.....done about 3 weeks ago, new lambda sensor 3 weeks ago, new maf...again three weeks ago (notice the pattern??) front left wheel bearing...again three weeks ago, new front discs and pads.....wait for it.......yesterday (ha ha gotcha) and has body coloured bumpers etc etc. She is in fairly good nick, inside is very tidy and ouside has one small shopping trolley ding (which you would struggle to notice. I am thinking of changing up to a 156 2.5 v6 and have about another grand to throw in the mix.......

So, what I want to know is...what are my chances?

·
Registered
874 Posts
yes I would say so, esp maybe a high miler, and before you say it there nout wrong with a high miler V6... :)

Mine maybe for sale early next year, runs on LPG too, so well cheap to run, and like you I have spent a fair bit on it.

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes I would say so, esp maybe a high miler, and before you say it there nout wrong with a high miler V6... :)

Mine maybe for sale early next year, runs on LPG too, so well cheap to run, and like you I have spent a fair bit on it.
Really??? What sort of money do you think you might be looking for?

G

·
Rafe, for a high miler 156 V6 in great condition expect to pay about £2000 maximum I'd say. I'm looking for a lower mileaged 156 V6 myself and you gotta bare in mind that a lower mileaged one will only cost about £500 or so more, so it might be worth getting one for about £2500 (Like I'm looking to do) that's just had it's belts done with FSH. At this price they'll have about 70-80K on the clock, which is nothing for a V6 really.

Good luck mate, I had a 156 V6 before and hands down the best car I owned! :D

Can't wait for my next one.

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well i reckon I could get £1500/£1600 for mine at a push so could probably stretch to £2500 if I really needed to

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Mine was £2100 at 71,000 miles with FSH and only 13k on the current belts.

Did I mention it's absolutely mint and I love it? :D :cool: :thumbs:

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok ok, you are all making me jealous now. Just travel one hell of a lot of miles with work and last few times they gave me a hire car it was french, so said i would take my own from now on......just think 156 v6 will be better on long journeys than a 146ti

·
Vendor
48,196 Posts
Rafe, for a high miler 156 V6 in great condition expect to pay about £2000 maximum I'd say. I'm looking for a lower mileaged 156 V6 myself and you gotta bare in mind that a lower mileaged one will only cost about £500 or so more, so it might be worth getting one for about £2500.

2.5 V6s are undervalued IMO. You should be able to pick up a nice one for £2500.

·
Vendor
48,196 Posts
ok ok, you are all making me jealous now. Just travel one hell of a lot of miles with work and last few times they gave me a hire car it was french, so said i would take my own from now on......just think 156 v6 will be better on long journeys than a 146ti
Rafe, have you thought about a 2.4 JTD if you do a lot of miles? A remapped one won't be far off the 2.5 in terms of performance and I drive mine pretty hard and always get around 35-36mpg.. Driven sensibly I can get 40, my V6 struggles to get 25mpg!

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Yeah but arent the 2.4 Jtd's a bit higher up the price scale??

And in any case the company pays for all my fuel :lol:

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Tell you one thing I really dont like in the 156's (sorry if you have one but its just personal taste) is the wooden steering wheels

·
Registered
32,442 Posts

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
why not?

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Rafe, have you thought about a 2.4 JTD if you do a lot of miles? A remapped one won't be far off the 2.5 in terms of performance and I drive mine pretty hard and always get around 35-36mpg.. Driven sensibly I can get 40, my V6 struggles to get 25mpg!
You'd never guess you had a JTD surplus to requirement would you?! ;)

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I had noticed that mentioned in other threads :lol:

·
Vendor
48,196 Posts
Yeah but arent the 2.4 Jtd's a bit higher up the price scale??

And in any case the company pays for all my fuel :lol:
May as well get an old Porsche turbo or 7 Series V8 or something then! :lol:

Yeah JTDs do cost a bit more, not sure if their longeivity would make it work out cheaper in the long run or not.

Tell you one thing I really dont like in the 156's (sorry if you have one but its just personal taste) is the wooden steering wheels
Sssh, don't say that you might hurt Darren's feelings! :lol:

please don't but this one :eek: :( :(
I like it, its different but OK, better than a chav bodykit!

:lol: Now that you mention it, I do! :D

I had noticed that mentioned in other threads :lol:
Worth a try :lol:

G

·

Yeah, didn't you just! :mad:

:lol:

I absolutely LOVE yours mate and if I can get my hand on one just like it I'll be a happy man. I'm still looking for an SP3 but nothings popping up at the moment :(

Just bought a private plate to go on my next car, whatever it is, so that's cheered me up a bit. :D

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Haha, how long did it take you to decide what to have on the plate?? :lol:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.