Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've recently gotten my Bella and I'm lovin' it. I've got some questions I hope the gurus in here can help me with:

1. There's something that looks like a rubber stopper under my gas pedal. Wotzit? Not some sort of low-tech "speed limiter" I hope?

2. Engine under-tray: Retain or remove? Why?

3. Is it worth the time to replace the exhaust manifolds for better performance? If so, what brands are good?

Thanks much!

Redd

·
Registered
112 Posts
Redd said:
I've recently gotten my Bella and I'm lovin' it. I've got some questions I hope the gurus in here can help me with:

1. There's something that looks like a rubber stopper under my gas pedal. Wotzit? Not some sort of low-tech "speed limiter" I hope?

2. Engine under-tray: Retain or remove? Why?

3. Is it worth the time to replace the exhaust manifolds for better performance? If so, what brands are good?

Thanks much!

Redd
1. It's a stopper, most cars come with it, to prevent the gas pedal sinking into the floor or stuck to the carpet, in case you're a lead footed driver?

2. Keep it! You''ll know why when u hit bricks/sticks/road debris that got caught in your oil sump/manifold/etc,etc, or even loose gravel that flew into the belts. My front wheel broke thru a manhole cover once and the car rested on the blardy undertray with a wheel in the manhole without a scratch, without it, the suspension arms and side door sill would've hit the ground! Besides, it keeps the engine bay clean, and the under carriage aerodynamic.

3. You talking about the headers? That is one major job to change the headers, especially the rear bank, not recommended, and even Supersprint didn't carry 'em in their catalogues. You can replace the pipes from the cat-back with Novitec, Supersprint or Ragazzon muffler and pipes.

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
I would assume the under tray is there for aerodynamic reasons.
It is designed to keep the underside of the car as 'clean' as possible for the air passing under it which makes the air travel faster and produces a low pressure area. The effect of this is at speed the car should be sucked down onto the road and obviously be more stable.

Same principles apply to racing cars which have a very smooth underside.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts