Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,yesterday while driving alfa the injector light came on the dash,this was accompanied by a delay of throttle response of 3 seconds or so after changing each gear..i have tried it today and injector light is on permanently ..car idles fine but at standstill takes 3 seconds or so before it will start to rev and even then it revs up very slowly...when driving car it sets off fine but still has same struggling throttle response after changing gear ...any ideas greatly appreciated...by the way,i had dissconnected maf but to no avail..and it was replaced 2 years ago with a genuine bosch jobbie from alfaman...

·
Registered
9,912 Posts
strange mine did it yesterday and i cleared fault code and not come back so you need codes read before you can sort what problem is

·
Registered
9,912 Posts
cheers dave.by the way,good choice of 2 wheels to accompany alfa..
fortunately sold it october:cry: but for your problem you need to get codes read and see if error is still present or not:( been told by reliable source it can be broken wire between throttle peddle and bulkhead connection so its a case of an ohm meter to find break ,thats if it is your problem ,like i said codes need reading :(

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sounds exactly like the symptoms I got - all I did was fiddle about with the wiring though instead of doing the 'permanent' solder fix - it tends to be the connector block at fault
is that the connector block to the throttle unit..?

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Sorry to resurrect an ancient thread, but I had exactly the same happen to me. Driving at a steady speed on the motorway, and felt like my foot had gently touched brake pedal - needed a bit more throttle to compensate. Noticed injector light on. After I exited motorway, all the described symptoms as OP and others. Problem is, next day it was back to normal. Injector light no longer lit (does that mean the codes are no longer stored?)

This morning, on way to work, same problem. Not had a chance to read the codes yet. My question is - - where is this wire that is mentioned as the probable culprit? Are we talking in the footwell, by the pedals, or at the fuse block, or in the engine compartment? What colour wire am I looking for? Any help would be appreciated...

Ron

Ps.

Drove it just now -- throttle response normal. After 30 seconds or so, light went out ... so do the codes stay stored, even after light goes out?

R.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts