Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a alfa romeo 2.5 v6 24v q-system 2000 W. Recently the battery went dead and the key would not come out from the ignition barrel. So I changed the battery and then removed the key. Now when I started next time the engine sounded a bit tappety as theough the revs were not quite at speed. Eventually the car started running better but it was still missing, through the gear's and in neutral. It has improved quite a lot and seems to be performing much better. I will check on a cold engine again tommorow and update this post. It is in good condition generally has been regularly serviced and has covered 60,000 miles. I just hoping its not too much of a big job to get sorted if a problem at all. It may just need a service? Is there any checks i can do to determine the fault i.e. missing when pushing accelerator. Or is it better to get done professionally?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
with the battery going flat the ecu may have reset itself, the rough running is the ecu relearning the best settings for your car, all should return to normal after a decent run out :thumbs:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi many Thanks for your reply,

It is greatly appreciated. I think you might be 100% accurate with your resolution for this. I have taken it on a good drive and it seems to be driving right. There is no missing and I haev tried to get he engine at full normal temperature and it is driving well again. I will try tommorow morning again and update. Thank you very much for your early response. Will keep updated.

·
Registered
583 Posts
When my battery went flat on my v6 (manual) I had the exact same problem, after a long drive it was fixed. Concensus seemed to be that the ecu needed to relearn everything.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts