Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

It seems that its time for the o'l girl to have the suspension seen to.
It squeaks, and has started to wonder a bit.
Can anyone tell me if the Uprated GTA suspension would fit?
These also have the poly... (Slipped my mind) Bushes in it.
The benifits are better road handling and they apparantly last longer.

Any Comments...............

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi there,

Changed my suspension a while back to a setup from EB spares in the UK. It's a combination of Eibach springs and Bilstein shocks and I have to say it transformed the car! I believe the springs are more progressive without being to harsh and the dampers are far more responsive then standard. I'm on my 3rd v6 and I would certainly recommend this setup for everyday driving. be sure to replace upper and lower wishbones ( + antiroll bar) and I'm sure sure you'll be smiling when you pull out of the garage.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi there,

Changed my suspension a while back to a setup from EB spares in the UK. It's a combination of Eibach springs and Bilstein shocks and I have to say it transformed the car! I believe the springs are more progressive without being to harsh and the dampers are far more responsive then standard. I'm on my 3rd v6 and I would certainly recommend this setup for everyday driving. be sure to replace upper and lower wishbones ( + antiroll bar) and I'm sure sure you'll be smiling when you pull out of the garage.

thanks

·
Registered
495 Posts
The original suspension for the 2.5 is very (read: too) soft indeed. As KJR mentions for normal use of a car (no track-days or Nurburgring, the combination of B6 (or B8 if you want to lower some more) Bilsteins and Eibach springs is very good indeed !
For more sporty (but less comfortable) ride coil-overs (like AST, Novitect etc) are still better, but a bit more expensive too ;)

I see no reason in replacing the roll-bar KJR (unless you mean by a thicker one). Less roll in the car means more wheel spin on the inner wheel.

Fitting a Q2 diff or a Quiafe LSD would to the rest of the transformation :)

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
The GTA suspension will fit but the springs are also lower than the normal Sport Pack springs by about 10mm.

Uprated dampers make a huge difference to the car especially with the heavy V6 engine.

IMO your best bet is to buy a complete suspension kit from Koni, Eibach, Bilstein etc

·
Registered
495 Posts
Full suspension is indeed the best solution, a little more expensive but worth the money :)

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Guys

Do you have any model numbers off hand for the Springs and Dampers

I dont race the old Girl, So I am Sure the Eibachs, and Bilsteins will suffice.

·
Registered
472 Posts
GTA springs, and ARBs will fit the 2.5V6 and are indeed good affordable upgrades. invest in good aftermarket dampers like eibach/koni/bilsteins, tho.

redd

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Eibach System Complete (Springs and Coils) a thousand quid

1 - 10 of 10 Posts